Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla (HPNLU) was established by act 16 of the Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha in 2016. HPNLU has been proactive in taking initiatives that help to enhance the academic potential of the learners.
About HPNLU Journal of Law, Business and Economics
The HPNLU Journal of Law, Business and Economics is an annual double-blind peer-reviewed journal of the Centre for Law Business and Economics, Himachal Pradesh National Law University Shimla.
The Journal aims to be a forum that engages and promotes scholarly research works amongst academicians, researchers and students interested in areas like business law, trade law including international trade law, economic development, international trade, taxation, investment and securities laws etc.
Categories for Submission
The contribution may be made in the form of articles, Notes & Comments and Book reviews. The contribution, in any category, should be a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of contemporary issues in business, economics and its interplay with law.
The Journal would encourage contributions in the field of Business & Corporate Laws; Trade Law including International Trade; Banking & Insurance Law; Insolvency & Bankruptcy Law; Taxation Laws including International Taxation; Competition Law; Consumer Law and other emerging areas of corporate laws.
The following word limits should be observed:
- ARTICLES (≥6000 to <10000 words)
- ESSAYS & COMMENTS (≥4000 to <6000 words)
- Book Review (≥3000 to < 4000 words) (Contribution under this Category is required to be made along with the new hard copy of the Book.) \
- Submissions shall be accepted only in the English language.
- All contributions are required to be accompanied with an ‘abstract’ of 250- 300 words. The abstract must expressly include the novelty and usefulness of the idea that the author wishes to put forth and must categorically mention the specific contribution of the article beyond the existing available literature.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to one (01) co-author only.
- The manuscript should not contain any references to the identity of the authors.
- The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and 1.5-line spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and single line spacing.
- For Citation, refer the HPNLU-Shimla Citation Style only.
- Manuscripts should only use footnotes as a means of citation. No other method shall be permitted.
- Lengthy Quotations are discouraged. Author(s) should avoid long quotations and keep it at minimum wherever necessary with full and proper acknowledgement.
- Lengthy and multi-paragraphed footnotes are discouraged. The citations must mention the page(s) of the source and in cases where Court Judgments are referred to, the footnote should also mention the paragraph of the judgment in addition to the page number of the Reporter.
- Only authoritative websites may be cited. References to internet sources such as Wikipedia, blogs, commercial websites, etc., are not acceptable.
- Send your manuscript in MS Word (.docx) format to email@example.com. The subject of the email should be “Submission to HPNLU-JLBE ”. The submissions must be sent by 11:59 pm, October 30, 2022.
The author(s) is required to send a covering letter mentioning the title of the paper, name, designation and details of the author(s) and institutional affiliation. Further, the author(s) are required to make a solemn declaration about the originality of the manuscript and that the same has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
Paraphrasing another author’s work shall not be considered as original work. The source must be acknowledged.
Dr. Arun Klair, (Member Editorial Board): +91-9417273800 Centre for Law, Business and Economics, Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla 16 Miles, Shimla-Mandi National Law Highway, Ghandal, Dist. Shimla 171014
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.