(A) ELIGIBILITY POLICY
- The HNLU Corporate and Commercial Law Society Blog welcomes blog posts in the form of articles, short notes, opinions, and case comments which address issues of a corporate-legal nature on laws of banking, insolvency, capital markets, companies, competition, contract, securities, taxation, amongst others. We are additionally open to entries discussing contemporary issues of commercial importance in arbitration and international trade or investment law.
- We accept entries from students, researchers, academicians, practising lawyers as well as authors pursuing related fields. However, we discourage posts that merely summarise cases or are descriptive in nature, and prefer posts that critically analyse or explore particular themes of wider resonance.
(B) DRAFTING GUIDELINES
- Please add references to sources as hyperlinks in the body of the text. In keeping with the informal style of the blog, we ask that you refrain from using footnotes. If a hyperlink cannot be inserted, kindly use endnotes that adhere to the 4th OSCOLA citation format.
- Although we do not have a strict minimum word policy, we prefer blog posts that are a minimum of 800 words. The maximum word limit is 1,500 words. The word limit is exclusive of endnotes if any.
- Co-authorship is permitted subject to a maximum of two authors.
- The content must be written in Times New Roman in font size 12 for the main body and font size 10 for the endnotes, with a line spacing of 1.5.
(C) PLAGIARISM POLICY
- We value the originality of pieces above anything. Although we expect blog posts to be original, the Editorial Board may relax this standard up to an acceptable level, if required to maintain the quality of the post.
- Contributors must make known to us any submissions of the draft post with other publishers, at any time during the review process. We reserve the right to cease collaboration with respective contributors, if they fail to do so.
(D) REVIEW AND SUBMISSIONS POLICY
- The Review Policy includes double peer review, which we undertake to complete within 14 days of submission. Please note that suggestions from the Editors may need to be incorporated by the contributors within 7 days of notification.
- All submissions are to be made by filling the following google form: https://forms.gle/Wm5G7B67VzfYXjt9A. Please do not email your entries directly, unless intimated otherwise.
- The submission of the draft post must be in the MS-Word format (.doc/.docx). Contributors are requested to share their personal details only on the google form.
- We shall send an email acknowledging receipt of the draft post within 48 hours of receiving your entry. If you do not receive one, do email us at [email protected].
(E) COPYRIGHT AND RELATED POLICY
- In making submissions to the HNLU CCLS Blog, the contributor(s):
- warrants that the piece is their original work and has not been published elsewhere;
- acknowledge that the copyright of a blog post, once accepted, vests with the HNLU CCLS Blog.
- Each post will be shared on HNLU CCLS’s social media pages with due credit to the contributor(s).
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.