About Constitutional Law Society
The Constitutional Law Society of National Law University Odisha was established in 2018 with a vision to provide a platform for public discourse and deliberation vis-à-vis Constitutional Law.
The society aims to disseminate knowledge and enhance the community’s understanding of constitutional law and public policy through our publications, blog, and other allied activities. Through the means of this society, they sincerely intend to work towards understanding, critiquing, and engaging with the contemporary propositions of Constitutional Law in order to realize the idealistic vision of an egalitarian legal framework.
About the Blog
This blog is a student-edited, peer-reviewed, and completely open-access blog maintained by the Constitutional Law Society, NLUO. They are glad to invite posts from students, researchers, academicians, legal practitioners, and those who support the cause to further the objectives of CLS.
CLS, NLUO believes that sustained academic deliberation is required to ensure that the field of Constitutional Law grows continuously. A very important facet through which this can be realized is informed discussion and dialogue on multiple aspects of Constitutional Law.
Through this blog, they seek to publish and discuss the various nuances of Constitutional Law. Hence with the above objectives in mind, they welcome all submissions on the field of Constitutional Law subject to the following guidelines:
- The article should be an original work of the author and not under consideration for publication in any other journal or blog.
- The articles submitted to the CLS at NLUO will undergo a Turnitin plagiarism check. Therefore, the work should not be plagiarised.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to 2 authors for the articles.
- The word limit for submissions is about 1500 words exclusive of endnotes. Authors must use endnotes and not footnotes.
- The content should be written in Times New Roman Font with a size of 12. Line Spacing is to be maintained at 1.5.
- Interested authors are requested to send their submissions in .doc/.docx format to [email protected]
- Authors must include their full name and the details of their institution/organization along with their submission.
- The authors shall receive an acknowledgement email on the receipt of the article by the Editorial Board. In case this does not happen, authors are requested to follow up with the Editorial Board in the same thread of their submission.
- The Editorial Board shall review the article and get back to the authors within a few weeks of acknowledging their submission.
- The authors must send a declaration along with their submission stating that it is their original work.
- The copyright over the articles shall automatically transfer to the University through the Editorial Board. Therefore, all the articles shall be reposted to the University’s digital repository and shared on various social media platforms.
- In relation to all the disputes, the decision of the Editorial Board shall be final and binding.
- Articles: Authors can submit articles on issues of contemporary constitutional relevance. The articles must aim to analyze the issue comprehensively and further we encourage originality and a creative outlook in the analysis of the issue.
- Case Comments: Authors can choose to analyze a judgement/judgements of constitutional relevance aiming to understand the substance of the pleadings before the Courts and the impact of the Court’s understanding of Constitutional Law.
- Legislation Reviews: Authors can analyze the constitutionality of a legislation or various executive actions within India. Alternatively, authors can also choose to analyze legislations outside India which have a significant impact on the understanding of constitutional law within India.
NOTE: All Submissions shall be reviewed on a rolling basis. CLS, NLUO follows a disciplined editorial review of the submissions received and exercises absolute discretion in accepting any submission. In case of any queries, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.