Table of Contents
About the organizers
Ally Maritime and Legal Services (AMLS) was incorporated in the year 2018 with the purpose of providing a single-window solution for maritime and legal expertise while ensuring that only the best engineering and business ethics are practiced. AMLS provides professional maritime consulting services to the global client base along with very specialized strategic associations with various esteemed organizations.
About the Competition
The main purpose of the competition is not only to acquaint the people with the scope and knowledge of the maritime laws but also to support the interested candidates and to promote the significance and growth of maritime laws in India. The competition, in a way, is an attempt to inculcate and develop the writing skills/habits within individuals and provide them with a platform where they can freely share their knowledge and show their talent to the outside world.
The Competition is open to any person who, as of the deadline for submission, is:
a. A student from a recognized law college, shipping college or maritime college or any institution concerned with maritime.
b. A student under the age of 30 years.
Theme & Sub-themes
The main theme of the competition is “The Maritime Labour Convention”. The suggestions of sub-themes are-
· Impact of MLC – with respect to Seafarers, Ship Owners, Recruitment Agencies P&I Clubs and other stakeholders
· Principles of Natural Justice and its implementation in the maritime labour regime.
· MLC and its effective implementation towards Port Management.
· Does the regulatory framework of the Special Tripartite Committee under MLC 2006 need revisiting?
· Implementation of MLC in various jurisdictions (UK, USA, India etc)
Participants may either choose to write on suggested sub-themes or choose own topics under the main theme.
Awards & Perks
· The Top essays shall be awarded cash prizes worth 21K Rs. along with a hard copy of the certificates. The distribution of Prizes is as under-
Ø First Position- INR 5,000/-
Ø Second Position- INR 3,000/- (Two runner ups)
Ø Third Position- INR 2,000/- (Three winners)
Ø Fourth Position- INR 1,000/- (Four Winners)
· The Top 20 essays will be published on AMLS Website, iPleaders Blog and many other company’s newsletters or websites.
· The Top 10 participants will get an opportunity to enroll into AMLS Maritime Law Course for free.
· The Top 20 participants will get internship opportunities at AMLS.
No prior registration and/or fee is required for participation. The participants can directly submit their essays via the Google form before the deadline.
All the essays should be submitted on or before 15th April 2022, 11: 59 PM (Indian Standard Time) via the google form- https://forms.gle/6nKGSM17mVGZL9yy7
- Accepting Submissions- 15th March 2022
- Deadline of Submissions-15th April 2022
- Declaration of Result- 7th May 2022
Email- [email protected]
Organizing Committee-· Adv. & Capt. Rahul Varma- +91 9920606742
· Hettal Hariya- +91 9892366799
· Yukta Joshi- +91 7974588958
For rules and submission guidelines, click here.
- 3rd International Conference on Mediation | 9th-10th April 2022 | Faculty of Law, University of Delhi & Delhi School of Public Policy & Governance, Institution of Eminence, University of Delhi
- National Policy Formulation Competition | KIIT University, School of Law.
- Call for Chapters |Edited Book titled “A Concise Handbook on Law of Corporate Finance in India”
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at [email protected]
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.