About School of law, The NorthCap University:
The NorthCap University is a 25-year-old educational institution committed to impart quality education to the youth of this country in the field of Engineering, Management, Law and Liberal Arts. The University is known for its academic ambiance, lush green surroundings, state-of the-art infrastructure, cleanliness, outreach programs, international tie-ups and a vibrant academic culture. We believe in Education, enlightenment employment leading towards the empowerment of an individual. It has been consistently ranked as one of the top private universities by various government and private agencies.
About the Competition:
The vision of School of Law is to be ranked amongst the best law schools of India and the most preferred private university destination for law aspirants. School of Law at The NorthCap University provides the highest quality of professional legal education to equip the students for a transnational practice and to face the challenges posed by the internationalization of the legal profession. The school has continually strived to achieve excellence in legal education through interactive teaching learning process, clinical opportunities, exposures to the legal profession through internships and externships, industry ready curricula and innumerable opportunities to interact with the stalwarts in the legal profession. This 7th Edition of Competition is being organized under aegis of The NorthCap University, School of Law. The stage is set for the 7th Edition of The National Client Consultation Competition that is going to be organized by The NorthCap University on 29th – 30th October, 2019.
The Competition is aimed at promoting greater knowledge and practical skills among student advocates in the preventive law and counselling functions of law practice. It will encourage students in developing interviewing, planning, and analytical skills in the lawyer-client relationship in the law office. Interviewing and advising are a significant part of most lawyers’ work. The Competition provides an opportunity for a valuable educational interchange between students, law teachers and legal practitioners. The Competition simulates a law office consultation in which two law students, acting as lawyers (attorneys/solicitors/legal practitioners), are presented with a client matter. The students conduct an interview with a person playing the role of the client. Students are expected to elicit the relevant information from the client, explore with the client his or her preferred outcome, outline the nature of the problem, and present the client with a means (or range of alternatives, if appropriate) for resolving the problem. The interview with the client is then followed by a post- consultation period during which the students, in the absence of the client, analyse the interview and discuss the legal and other work to be undertaken. The interview and post consultation period last a total of 30 minutes. The students are evaluated by a panel of judges. The students are evaluated against specific criteria that emphasize the use of listening, questioning, planning, and analytical skills in a lawyer/client interview. Once the judges have completed their evaluation of the interview, the students are to be called back in and the judges will provide a brief critique of the team’s handling of the consultation and post-consultation periods.
Composition of teams:
• Only bonafide students pursuing LL.B. Three Year/Five Year Degree programmes in aforementioned institutions, during the current academic year are eligible to participate.
• There can be a maximum 3 Teams from one university/college.
• Each team shall consist of only two participants.
Last Date for registration is 12th October, 2021
Link for registration is as follows:
• Registration is on a first come first serve basis and it’s open to first 30 teams.
• Teams/Participants are required to duly fill the Registration Google Form (link given above) along with the Registration Fees of Rs.1500/- via online payment on or before the last date of registration i.e,12th October 2021.
The NEFT transaction detail are as follows:
• Name of the Institution: The NorthCap University
• Name of the Bank: Canara Bank
• Branch: NCU, Sector 23-A, Gurgaon
• Account No.: 82472010013980
• IFSC: CNRB018247
•Winner – Cash Prize up to Rs 5,000 and Certificates + Two (2) one-year complimentary subscription to SCC Online Web Edition.
•Runner up – Cash Prize up to Rs. 2,000 and Certificates + Two (2) half yearly complimentary subscription to SCC Online Web Edition.
•Participants – Participation Certificates.
Rules and Regulations:
• The event will be conducted in four Rounds namely, Preliminary Round, Quarter Finals, Semi Final Round and Final Round.
• Preliminary Round will be conducted in two slots; each team will get only one chance to appear in the round.
• Top 25 teams will go to quarter finals; top 4 teams will go to the semi-final round and top 2 teams will go to Finals.
• In case of a tie for the 4th place, all the tied teams will be eligible to go to semi-finals.
• Top two teams from the semi-final rounds will go to the final round on the basis of team scores.
• The problems for the competition will be set from the area of Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Civil Law, Corporate Law, Family Law and Contemporary Issues of Law.
• The organizers will select the clients to play the role as required by the problems.
•Post interview session interaction with the judges/among themselves.
Note – Mode of Competition is Online Platform i.e., Microsoft Teams
Date of Provisional Registration on 12th October 2021
Communication of Confirmation on 24th October 2021
Last Date for receiving Questions seeking clarifications on 26th October 2021
Release of Clarifications if any on 27th October 2021
Inaugural Ceremony on 29th October 2021
Preliminary and Quarter Finals on 29th October 2021
Semi Finals and Finals Rounds on 30TH October 2021
Valedictory Ceremony on 30th October 2021
Student Communication Head:
Aarushi Yadav Mobile: 8448427225
Madhav Chauhan Mobile: 9650556879
Email ID- [email protected]
For official brochure click here.