Unity PG College, Lucknow is organizing the 7th Justice Murtaza Husain Memorial National Moot Court Competition to be held from 4th to 6th November 2022.
The teams participating for preliminary oral rounds would be selected on a ‘first-come-first-serve’ basis.
About Unity P.G. and Law College
Unity P.G. and Law College, Lucknow was the first college in Lucknow to institute the five-year integrated program of law under the aegis of Lucknow University. Since its inception, the faculty has been developing through the guiding light of its founder, Justice Murtaza Hussain. Our sincere endeavour has been to make legal education as an instrument of social, political, and economic change, and to craft future lawyers who will be competent in the art of advocacy at both the trial and appellate levels, and skilled in judicial administration.
The college has been successfully running both the Integrated 5 years course and the Three years law course. The law curriculum provides for the semester system, where the students have two semesters each year. Many of our alumni are well-established law practitioners and judges.
About the Moot Court Competition
The purpose of Moot Court Competition is to give exposure to students pursuing LL.B Degree Course to hone their advocacy skills and to provide a real litigation experience in doing cutting-edge research, presenting persuasive and cohesive arguments, and contributing to the development of jurisprudence in the concerned areas of law.
The Unity Moot Court Committee is the institution’s student committee entrusted with fostering, administering, and facilitating mooting activities and upholding the benchmark of excellence that Unity P.G. College has set for itself. The Committee has been successfully organizing moot court competitions year after year.
4th – 6th November 2022
- The Competition is open to all students, enrolled bonafide at the time of the competition in an undergraduate LL.B. degree Course or its equivalent conducted by any recognized Institution/College/University in India.
- A recognized Institution/College/University shall be entitled to send only one Team for the Competition.
- Each Team shall comprise of three members. Two members of the Team shall be designated as Orators and the third member shall be designated as the Researcher.
- Any additional member or Team Coach accompanying a Team shall not be recognized and will not be entitled to a certificate from the MCC.
Students enrolled in postgraduate or diploma programmes are not eligible to participate.
- Each team shall consist of a minimum of two members and a maximum of three members. The substitution of any Team Member is not allowed after the registration deadline except in extenuating circumstances and only with the written permission of the organizers.
- Every team shall consist of two speakers and only one researcher.
- A researcher shall be allowed to argue instead of a speaker only with the permission of the Court.
How to register?
- All the participating institutions have to confirm their participation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Registration for Justice Murtaza Husain Moot 2022” on or before 25th October (Tuesday) 23:59 hrs.
- The email should contain the Names and Year of Study of the participants; the name of the institution of the Participating Team; and also whether they wish to take accommodation as per Rule 12.
- Teams whose registration is confirmed must register by 23:59 hr on 25th OCTOBER (TUESDAY) by sending an email to email@example.com with the Subject: “Registration for Justice Murtaza Husain Moot 2022”. The e-mail should contain the duly filled in Registration Form along with the details of the online transfer (See Rule 3.3).
- Duly filled Travel Form shall be scanned and attached with this email. Each registered team would be allotted a Team Code after the payment of registration fee by the Team is confirmed.
Teams who opt for accommodation arranged by Organizers must send a registration fee of Rs. 6,000/- while those who do not opt for accommodation shall send an amount of Rs. 3000/- towards registration fee via Online Transfer (NEFT) latest by 23:59hrs on the 25th October 2022. Details of the Bank Account to be transferred to:
- A/c Holder: Unity Degree College
- Bank Name: Bank of India
- Branch Name: Dubagga
- Saving Bank Account No: 683710110003179
- IFSC Code: BKID0006837
Note: Amount once deposited shall not be refundable.
Details of the online transfer must be sent through the confirmation mail (in Rule 3.2) sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the invited teams by 23:59hrs on the 25th October 2022.
Note: The online transfer details should contain the name of the participants.
The Registration Form, NEFT Transfer detail, and Travel details should be sent to Unity PG College, Lucknow or before October 27th 2022 at – Unity PG College Sector B, Basant Kunj, Hardoi Road, Lucknow- 226101
- Last day for registration and completion of all formalities: October 25, 2022
- Last day to apply for clarifications regarding the Moot Problem: October 25, 2022
- Last day for submitting the soft copy of the Written Submission: October 30, 2022 (by 23:59 hrs. IST)
- Last day for submitting the hard copy of the Written Submission: November 4, 2022
For further clarifications please feel free to contact through e-mail at:
HOD and Faculty Convenor, Moot Court Committee: Mrs. Manjari Chandra (Mob No. +91-7755073482)
Faculty Co-convenors, Moot Court Committee:-
Mr Khursheed Jamil (+91-9838633500)
Mr. Shuja Haider Rizvi(+91-9582428694)
Student Convenor, Moot Court Committee: Ms. Ismat Zahra (+91-7860568786)
Student Co-convenor, Moot Court Committee: Mr. Syed Adil Aklaq (+91-9129996184)
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.