About Amity Law School Noida
Amity Law School Noida, (ALSN) an institution of Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, not only focuses on legal aptitude but also on practicality, while enlightening the students on the intricacies of the law. It is fully geared to provide its students with innovative and stimulating exposure. The high standards of legal education integrate their legal concepts with an incisive and practical understanding of the law.
The ADR Society of Amity Law School Noida is pleased to announce the fourth edition of the prestigious Amity National Alternative Dispute Redressal Tournament 2022, scheduled on 3rd – 4th March 2022. This event would be a great opportunity for all law students (Currently pursuing a five-year integrated course, three-year LLB or LLM).
About the Tournament
The ADR Society of Amity Law School Noida is pleased to announce the 5th edition of the prestigious Amity Alternative Dispute Redressal Tournament 2022, scheduled on 3rd March -4th March 2022. This event would be a great opportunity for all law students (Currently pursuing a five-year integrated course, three-year LLB or LLM) across the world.
This event is of great importance in the present scenario as in India there is a legal regime regulating Arbitration & Conciliation and it will help simulate transactional negotiations or mediation, as it involves diverse areas of law, including environmental, intellectual property, family law, etc. It is a 2-day event that will consist of three sub-events namely Mediation- Arbitration, Negotiation, and Client Counseling. ADR encourages litigants to negotiate directly with each other prior to some other legal process that is very much like a courtroom process. It is an upcoming law arena devoted to preparing a generation of law professionals capable of facing future demands confidently.
It is a unique initiative and one of the best avenues worldwide where students can experience a medley of dispute resolution activities simultaneously. The main event comprised three sub-events which gives more subject-specific and efficient control over the event and stipulated the knowledge station effectively.
The brief of the events are as follows
- The Mediation Arbitration Competition – It is a hybrid of Mediation and Arbitration. Each team will consist of 2 participants. Neutral party is adopted for mediation and if failed the party must go for Arbitration.
- Negotiation competition – Each team will consist of 2 participants one will be the attorney and the other being the client, who will negotiate the differing party in the most adept manner.
- Client Counseling Competition – Each team shall consist of 2 members. The Competition simulates a law office consultation in which two law students, acting as lawyers, are presented with a hypothetical dispute brought before them by a client-actor.
*Note: One team can participate only in one event in the whole ADR Tournament.
Subject Matter of the Competition
• Civil Law
• Contract Law
• Constitutional Law
• Consumer Law
• Intellectual Property Rights
• Family Law
• Environmental Laws
• Property Law
• Company Law
• Any Other Ancillary Laws.
(Note: The subject area is not limited to the above-mentioned domain of law)
- It is mandatory for each college/institute team to take part in all 3 above-mentionedevents to be eligible for the ADR Tournament Prize.
- Maximum two teams from each college/institute are allowed to participate in eachevent.
- The participants shall be students from any year/semester of the three or five-year LLBcourse or LLM from any Law College/Institute.
- To register for 5th Amity ADR Tournament, please fill the following form to book a slot:-https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WgacJfoauknnwwxJN12g4ZaTSiKxD3ZBDoj4qJMuM/edit?usp=sharing
- The mode of the competition will be depending upon the situation of the pandemic along with state government rules.
- Negotiation simulations should be sent to the given email address with the subject “Negotiation stimulation by: Team Code-**” on the specified dates. Email Address: – [email protected]
- For any query Subject of the email to be sent will be “5th Amity ADR TournamentQuery” along with the details of their respective colleges.
- The participants shall have the hard copy as well as a soft copy of NegotiationSimulations handy at the time of event, so as to share it if required.
- The competition is capped to the participation of 40 institutes across the globe. TheRegistration will be accepted on first-cum-first-serve basis.
- Copy of vaccination certificate for either dose is needed to be submitted to the institution beforehand.
- Lunch will be provided by the ADR committee on both days of the event.
- In case the participating teams are coming from out of town, they will be provided with full assistance by the core committee to find accommodation near the campus, but no accommodation would be provided by us.
For further details please refer to the brochure:- https://drive.google.com/file/d/19pERMb91h1txpszEJgfiLDtRXH–Zpvc/view?usp=sharing
- 1st National Insolvency and Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition
- Online Course in Merger Acquisition | Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai.
- National Article Writing Competition on 73rd Republic Day of India | The Society for Quiz (SFQ), Panjab University, Chandigarh.
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at [email protected]
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.