Table of Contents
About Centre for Legal Studies
Centre for Legal Studies has been set up by Gitarattan International Business School
(GIBS) in the year 2016 for imparting legal education. CLS-GIBS has been emerging as one of the prominent law schools of the country providing 5 years integrated programmes in BA LLB and BBA LLB. GIBS was established in the year 2004 and is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi and is approved by Bar Council of India for Law programmes and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD, Government of India for technical programmes. GIBS is currently offering post-graduate programmes viz. MBA, MBA International Business, and under-graduate programmes viz. BBA LLB, BA LLB & BBA. GIBS has been graded ‘A’ by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) in the 2nd Cycle. It is an ISO 9001: 2008 certified Institute. GIBS has been rated ‘A+’ by State Fee Regulatory Committee of Govt. of NCT of Delhi and rated the highest grading ‘A’ by Joint Inspection Committee of Govt of NCT of Delhi & GGSIP University. GIBS has been rated Grade ‘A’ by Academic Audit Cell of GGSIP University consecutively from past 8 years. Also, GIBS has been rated no. 2 by Times B School Survey, consecutively for 2018, 2019 and 2021.
The Law Society of CLS-GIBS takes immense pleasure in announcing the 4th Virtual National Moot Court Competition to be held on 12th and 13th March 2022. The competition aims at providing firsthand exposure to the practical aspects of the legal profession to the students participating in the event. The aim of the competition is to give exposure to law students on important issues arising in contemporary socio-eco-legal settings. Law students who participate in the competition will have the opportunity to develop their research, legal writing, and oral advocacy skills in a mock courtroom setting.
Aim and Purpose
Courtroom- The Law Society of CLS-GIBS takes immense pleasure in announcing the 4th Virtual National Moot Court Competition in collaboration with DLSA-North. The competition aims at providing firsthand exposure to the practical aspects of the legal profession to the students participating in the event. The objective of the competition is to give exposure to law students on important issues arising in contemporary socio-eco-legal settings. Law students who participate in the competition will have the opportunity to develop their research, legal writing and oral advocacy skills in a mock courtroom setting.
Students of 3 year or 5-year law degree courses from any BCI approved University/College/Institution/ Department are eligible to apply for registration of their team. However, only one team shall be allowed to participate from one College/ Institution/ Department. Provided if any college is running both the programmes, (3 years and 5 Year) they may send two teams exclusively one from each programme
- Each team shall consist only of three members, comprising of two Mooters and one Researcher.
- Any alteration/change in the names of the team members shall be intimated in writing by the Dean / Director/ Head of the Department of the School/ Department /College of Law, of the team requesting such alteration/change positively to the Organizing Committee. However, any such alteration is permitted only once.
- Once the competition commences, the team composition cannot be altered under any circumstances. Inability of any team member to participate shall lead to disqualification of the team from the competition and their registration fee will not be refunded.
Registration and Important Dates
- Date of Event: 12th & 13th March 2022
- Registration Fee: Rs.999/-
- Last Date of Registration: 25th February 2022
- Last Date for Clarifications regarding Moot Problem: 26th February 2022
- Release of clarification document: 28th February 2022
- Last Date for Submission of Memorials: 2nd March 2022
- Draw of Lots for Preliminary Round: 11th March 2022
- Researchers Test: 11th March 2022
- Platform: Virtual
Note: Once Registration is done through Razorpay, no changes in names shall be allowed and the amount paid shall be non-refundable.
Guidelines for Participation
- A team shall be comprised of 3 members (2 Mooters and 1 Researcher).
- Participating teams should register themselves by registering at the provided link: https://rzp.io/l/hrZgvGME1
- The Competition shall be held in English Language only.
- The Result announced by the judges shall be final and binding.
- The organizing committee shall have sole power to resolve any dispute, whichmay arise during the competition.
Note: Non-compliance with the rules will lead to disqualification of the team.
The Last Date of Registration for the 4th Virtual National Moot Court Competition, 2022 is 25th February, 2022
The winners will be awarded Cash Prizes as follows:
Best Team Award: Cash prize of Rs. 25000/-.
Runners-Up Team Award: Cash prize of Rs. 15000/-.
The Best Mooter Award: Cash prize of Rs. 5000/-.
The Best Memorial Award: Cash prize of Rs. 5000/-.
The Best Researcher Award: Cash prize of Rs. 5000/-.
All the participants will be awarded with a Certificate of Participation.
For Brochure and the Moot Proposition- Click Here
- Diploma Course on Cyber Law | National Law University, Odisha.
- International Annual Research Conference on Rule of Law in Context: Climate Change, and Sustainable Development – Indian and Global Perspectives | Symbiosis Law School, Pune.
- Online Course on ‘Interplay of Law and Economics in the Contemporary World’ | Faculty of Law, Jagran Lakecity University.
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at [email protected]
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.