About Law College Dehradun
Law College Dehradun, faculty of Uttaranchal University, an institution contributing splendidly to legal education since 2002, invites you to the new edition of its annual mooting affair, the 5th Law College Dehradun National Moot Court Competition at Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
The International Law Students Association is a non-profit association of students and lawyers who are dedicated to the promotion of international law. ILSA provides students with opportunities to study, research, and network in the international legal arena.
About The Essay Writing Competition
The ILSA Chapter Law College Dehradun is delighted to invite you to the 4th Edition of International Legal Essay Competition & Symposium, 2022 on “International Law Regime.”
The 4-year-old ILSA LCD Chapter hereby announces its fourth event: INTERNATIONAL LEGAL ESSAY COMPETITION, Themed on International Law Regime, this Essay Competition envisages promoting and developing the ability of a student to think from a Global Legal Perspective, in form of a Competition of the legal drafting skills.
Eligibility and Authorship
- Students pursuing the three or five-year LL.B. course from any Law school/ college/ university affiliated in India are eligible to participate. Students from around the world pursuing law courses are also eligible to participate.
- Students pursuing their LL.M. from any Law school/ college/ university are eligible to participate.
- Students pursuing their Graduation/ Masters in areas related to International Law are eligible to participate.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- Only one submission shall be allowed per author, and in case of co-authors, one submission shall be deemed to include both. Separate submissions of both shall be taken as multiple submission which will be subject to rejection and disqualification.
Theme and Sub Themes
The theme for the Essay Competition shall be ‘INTERNATIONAL LAW REGIME’. The topics must be chosen from/inspired by any aspect of International Law Regime.
Sub themes are (Choose any one the sub themes):
- International Economic Law
- International Humanitarian Law
- International Human Rights Law
- International Criminal Law
- International Women Law
- International Children Law
- International Environmental Law
- International Justice Delivery System
- International Labour Human Rights
- International Health Law
DETAILS: You may access the Brochure of the Competition for suggested topics, submission guidelines, important dates,
and rules of the Competition at the end of the post.
Link for Registration
- The author with the highest score in an essay will be declared as the “Winner” and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR
- The author with the second highest score in an essay will be declared as the “1st Runner-up” and shall be awarded a
cash prize of INR 7,500/-
- The author with the third highest score in an essay will be declared as the “2nd Runner-up” and shall be awarded a cash
prize of INR 5,000/-
- TOP TEN ENTRIES shall be awarded a CERTIFICATE OF MERIT.
- Participation Certificate in Essay Competition shall be awarded, via email, to all the participants upon the successful
submission of Essay.
- The result shall be declared in an online Symposium, the date for the same shall be conveyed to the participants after 10
days from the date of the final submission of the essay.
- Release of Competition: 7th September 2022
- Last Date for Abstract Submission: 12th October 2022
- Last Date for Essay Submission: 6th November 2022
- The symposium followed by the declaration of Results: Last week of 19th November 2022
In case of any query please contact email@example.com
- Faculty coordinator:
- Student coordinators:
- Ritu Bhandari, Chief Officer, ILSA LCD Chapter, +91-9058422368
- Kumar Amogh, Event Coordinator, 91-9155941307
- Priyansh Mittal, Event Coordinator
- Jyoti Pratap, Event Coordinator
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.