Table of Contents
Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University is a premier educational institution situated at “NYAYAPRASTHA” Sabbavaram 30 kilometers from Visakhapatnam the “City of Destiny”. It caters to the needs of law students and research scholars from across the country. Its mission is to design and deliver legal education and promote academic achievement and excellence in legal research. The University offers 5 year integrated B.A. LL.B. (Hons) Degree and one year LL.M. program, Ph.D. and LL.D. The University has MOUs for student exchange programs with four Prestigious National Law Universities.
About the Seminar
Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law School, Visakhapatnam, a state university constituted under Act 32 of 2008 by the AP Legislature, is organizing a two-day National Seminar on the theme “Land, Records and Rights: Laws, Governance and Challenges” on 19 and 20 February 2023.
Land is a source of life and livelihood. It is used for multiple purposes including agriculture, industries, human habitation, animal husbandry, afforestation, carbon sequestration, and the very obvious, we live on it. There is tremendous pressure on land due to the developmental model adopted by mankind. Underwritten philosophies have chiseled the approaches adopted by successive governments to ensure that land is put to optimum use.
Towards the furtherance of a new economic model the states are handing over public/government lands to corporate bodies to carry forward developmental activities viz., infrastructure projects SEZs. In certain scenarios, the state also acquires lands from title deed owners including farmers, adivasis, and other marginalized sections of society on a large scale, and hands it over to agents of development.
The unavoidable consequences of this development model are social dislocation, displacement, economic disparity, impoverishment, food insecurity, environmental problems, and climate change. The displacement of people from their natural habitat and their disentitlement over land belonging to them takes place on a large scale.
Ownership and tenurial rights over land are at stake. In such circumstances, it is of utmost importance that ownership and tenurial rights of the landholders are recognised and protected. There is a serious need to balance the societal interests of development with the individual interest of livelihood (and thereby life). If we consider the Digitization of land records taking place against this backdrop, there is a need to curb the possibility of tampering with any records, manual or digital if it is not done properly. Digitization is taking place while there is so much pressure on land. Obviously, the whole process has to be monitored and reviewed from close quarters. This seminar would throw light on these issues.
They invite papers on the following sub-themes:
- Constitutional Provisions, Doctrine of Eminent Domain: Issues and Challenges
- Modernization and Digitization of Land Records
- Agriculture, Land Entitlements, Tenurial Rights, and Laws
- Climate Change, Forest Laws, Carbon Sequestration and Sustainable Development
- Development, Displacement, Tribal Communities’ Rights and Rehabilitation
- Community and Legal Rights vis-a-vis Land: Doctrine of Public and Commons
|Deadline for Abstract Submission
|17th January 2023
|Communication of Acceptance
|20th January 2023
|Deadline for Registration
|27th January 2023
|Deadline for Paper Submission
|9th February 2023
|Dates of the Seminar
|19th-20th February 2023
- Abstract and Full Paper submissions: Times New Roman, font size 12, spacing 1.5
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, font size 10, single spaced
- Footnoting style: The footnoting style of Indian Law Institute, New Delhi
- Margins: 1 Inch on all sides
- Word limit (Abstract): 300-500 words
- Abstract must be accompanied with the name, designation and contact details of Author and co-author
- Word limit (Full Paper): 3000-5000 words exclusive of Footnotes
- Co-authorship: up to two authors.
- All the submissions should be sent to [email protected]
- Select few papers may be published in a book with an ISBN number subject to the discretion of the University
For academicians/professionals/practitioners: INR 1000/-
For students/Research Scholars: INR 500/-
For international participants: $ 50
The Registration fee is payable to:
- Registrar, Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University
- BANK NAME: Union Bank of India
- BRANCH: Sabbavaram
- A/C NO: 283710100024089
- IFSC CODE: UBIN0828378
- Purpose: Land Law Seminar
Note: Registration fee includes Seminar Kit, lunch, and high tea on relevant dates. The facility of accommodation may be provided on a twin-sharing basis of Rs.1000/- per day for each participant. However, the accommodation has limited capacity and it will be allotted on first come first serve basis.
For any queries:
Email: [email protected]
Mr. Bayola Kiran: 9032213683
Ms. Mrudula Ilapakurthy: 9492351234
Ms. PBS Charitha: 8686864851
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.