About the Organizer
Hidayatullah National Law University is a public law school and a National Law University in New Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India. The University is named after the former Chief Justice of India, Justice Mohammad Hidayatullah.
The Competition Commission of India has been established under the Competition Act, 2002 (the Act) to prevent practices having an adverse effect on competition, to promote and sustain competition in Indian markets, to protect the interests of consumers and to ensure freedom of trade carried on by other participants in markets, in India, and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
About the Moot Court Competition
Hidayatullah National Law University is proposing to host the next edition of the 12th Justice Hidayatullah Memorial National Moot Court Competition 2022, HNMCC’22 as a physical event.
The Justice Hidayatullah Memorial National Moot Court Competition was started as a part of the centenary celebrations of the eminent jurist, author, and linguist, Justice Mohammad Hidayatullah & over the course of a decade, HNMCC has established a reputation among the legal fraternity, of being one of India’s premier moot court competitions.
The moot is going to be organized by the students and faculty of Hidayatullah National Law University under the able guidance and mentorship of the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor Prof. (Dr.) V.C. Vivekanandan.
Eligibility & Other Related Information
- All students enrolled in a 3-year LLB programme or a 5-year integrated LLB programme shall be eligible to participate in the CCI-HNMCC 2022. However, only one team per university/institution shall be eligible to participate.
- The team composition shall be as follows: 2 Speakers & 1 Researcher. The teams may choose to participate without a Researcher.
- The Speakers shall not be eligible to participate in the researcher’s test. However, in the case of a 2-member team, one of the speakers shall be eligible to appear for the Researcher Test and that shall be notified to the Organizers at the time of Formal Registration.
- Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the National Administrator.
Registration for the 12th CCI-HNMCC 2022 will open on December 12th, 2021. The last date for registration shall be 11:59 PM, January 15th, 2022.
The registration fee for the Competition is ₹5,000 and has to be paid either through RTGS/NEFT/IMPS or through a Demand Draft. The payment details can be found in the registration form.
The following documents shall be submitted by the teams at the time of registration:
- A letter of approval from the university permitting the team to take part in the competition.
- Scanned copy of Demand Draft of the registration fee or the Receipt of online payment.
Awards will be distributed in the following categories:
- Team: The team which wins the final round will be adjudged as the ‘Winner of the CCI-HNMCC 2022’ and will get an amount of ₹ 1,00,000 along with a trophy. The team members of the winning team will also be given an opportunity to intern with AZB & Partners. The team which secures second place will get the title of ‘Runners-up’ and ₹ 50,000 as a cash prize. The finalists will also be awarded various goodies from SCC Online.
- Best Memorial: The team with the highest memorial score (aggregate) will get the ‘Best Memorial’ prize along with a cash prize of ₹ 20,000.
- Best Speaker: The speaker who secures the highest score (average) at the conclusion of the Preliminary Rounds will get an award for the ‘Best Speaker’ with a cash prize of ₹ 20,000. It is necessary to argue for both parties in order to be eligible for the ‘Best Speaker Award’.
- Best Researcher: The researcher with the highest score in the Researcher Test will get the ‘Best Researcher’ prize along with a cash prize of ₹ 10,000.
|Opening of Registrations||12/12/21|
|Last date of Clarifications||05/01/22|
|End of Registration||15/01/22|
|Soft copy Memorial Submission||10/02/22|
|Hard copy Memorial Submission||18/02/22|
|Preliminary & Quarter-Final Rounds||19/02/22|
|Semi- Final & Final Rounds||20/02/222|
|Valedictory Ceremony & Lextronica||20/02/22|
- Anindhya Tiwari Organizing Secretary, HNMCC 2022 [Phone: +91-96801-30090]
- Vishnu Konoorayar Professor of Law, HNLU Raipur [Phone: +91-83759-24141]
- Sanket Jamuar Student Convenor, HNMCC 2022 [Phone: +91-78709-12857]
- Deeksha Singh Student Co-Convenor [Phone: +91-97544-56437]
- Avnish Prakash Student Co-Convenor [Phone: +91-91623-85666]
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.