The Army Institute of Law, as a part of its endeavors of providing and facilitating its support to the student community of the Country, is announcing the 11th Edition of its National Moot Court Competition, “Checkmate 2021”. This year the rounds are to be held via Virtual mode. The previous editions of the Checkmate National Moot Court Competition have proved to be an enriching experience for the participants, especially in the field of Criminal Law owing to its unconventional and challenging moot propositions and high standards of judging. The discipline and transparency with which this competition is conducted have contributed immensely to its previous successful chapters leading to increased participation every year since its inception.
a. Only one team from each participating college shall be registered for the competition. Each team shall comprise of either three members (two Speakers and one Researcher) or two members (two Speakers)only.
• Note- No faculty member, coach, observer, or a designated observer or fourth member is allowed to accompany the team, and neither will be allowed to join the video-conferencing nor the chat room during the session.
b. The language for the Competition shall be English only.
c. Participation is restricted to bona fide law students either enrolled in the 3-year LL.B course or the 5-year integrated law course.
d. The oral rounds shall comprise of:
• Preliminary Rounds (Memorial based selection)
• Octa/Quarter/Semi and Final Rounds (via videoconferencing)
a. The teams should provisionally register through by sending an E-mail to: email@example.com (with subject Moot Court Registration Checkmate 2021)
b. Only 32 teams will be registered to participate in the competition on first-come-first serve basis.
c. Once the provisional registration is confirmed, Registration Fee: Rs 2500/- (NON- REFUNDABLE) for each participating team, is to be submitted by 5 th October 2021 through online transaction by clicking on the link
d. The scanned copy of the receipt (of payment of non-refundable amount of Rs. 2500/- paid using online mode) along with the duly filled registration form should be sent on or before 5 th October2021, via e- mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details
• Details of Payment of Registration Fee:
• Transaction ID:________ Bank:_______ Date of payment: _______
• Teams are required to send the scanned copy of their Institute’s Id card with this form.
e. No change in the names of the participants shall be permitted unless the same has been communicated to the organizers a week before the event in exceptional circumstances only after the participating college has attached the due proof.
• Best Team Rupees 18,000/-
• Runners Up Rupees 12,000/-
• Third Best Team Rupees 6000/
• Best Memorial Rupees 9,000/-
• Best Speaker Rupees 6000/-
• Best Researcher Rupees 4,000/-
Note: All winners and participants will get E-certificates. E-Certificates shall be mailed to the teams within fifteen days from the event.
•Deadline for provisional registration: 30th September2021.
•Deadline for submission of the registration form and the fee: 5 th October 2021
• Deadline for seeking clarifications to the proposition: 7 th October 2021
•Release of clarifications: 9 th October 2021
• Deadline for submission of soft copy of Memorial: 20th October 2021 11.59 PM [Please do not send Hard Copies]
• Declaration of the result of the Memorial based round: 26th October 2021
• Researcher’ test will be conducted on 29 th October 2021
• Rounds (via video conferencing)
a. Octa Final and Quarter Final: 29th October 2021
b. Semi Final and Final Round : 30th October 2021
Dr. Bajirao A Rajwade [ 9988813531/9814013531 ]
Ms. Dilisha D Nair 
Mr. Devyang Bahri 
In case of any queries regarding the competition, you may write to us at:- email@example.com
For Moot problem and other details please check brochure.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.