Table of Contents
Role Brief –
The incumbent shall be responsible for :
(a) In house drafting of all transactional documents such as joint development agreements, share purchase agreements, shareholder agreements, LLP agreements, development agreements, agreement to sell, sale deeds, lease deeds, power of attorney, etc.
(b) Title due diligence of land and timely risk identification.
(c) In-house drafting of all contracts/documentation such as application forms, buyer’s agreement, conveyance deeds, lease deeds, collaboration / joint venture agreements for land development, etc., and timely closure of documents/agreements from a legal perspective.
(d) In house drafting of legal notices, pleadings related to disputes/litigations.
(e) Conformance with all legal requirements related to contracts.
(f) Timeliness and correctness of legal opinion, as may be required by the company from time to time
Role & Responsiblities –
- Conduct detailed due diligence on land records (title, deeds, check if there are cases against it) as per the due diligence checklist before the meeting with the JV Partners.
- Assists business development during negotiation with JV Partners and JVP’s advocates/solicitors on commercials of the deal.
- Advises on the legal structure of the deal.
- Assists business development team in finalizing the deal for the execution.
Maintains comprehensive documentation of land records and related transactions.
Drafting of Agreements
Deal related agreements
- In house drafting of various legal documents like development agreement, term sheet, share purchase agreement, shareholder agreements, agreement to sell, power of attorney, affidavits, indemnity, service/sales agreements, etc.
- Follows up with HO for approvals on all draft agreements
- Gets inputs from the marketing team for preparing the customer agreements for new projects.
- Draft allotment letter, agreement for sale, possession letter, schedule of payments, notices, etc.
- Assesses specific requirements put forth by individual customers and finalizes the customer agreement.
Facilitates the entire process of Stamp Duty and registration of the legal documents.
Legal Advisory support
- Provides required documents to customers such as documents required during filing for housing loans/addition of the name of spouse/ transfer of property to another buyer
- Advises customer on stamp duty and other relevant regulations.
- Provide timely advice to other departments on concerns/queries having a legal impact.
- Examine contracts made by the Contracts team to provide legal controls and checkpoints.
- Generate knowledge repository for updates on laws, regulations, ordinances, by-laws relating to the real estate industry and make the same available to the team.
- Representing GPL in court hearings.
- Draft and review pleadings.
- Complies with company defined guidelines and processes.
- Adheres to project timelines.
- Identifies processes/procedures in own work area that need improvement.
- Recommends process improvement ideas to streamline efficiency/costs/productivity.
- Undertakes process improvement activities in own work area.
Learning and Development
- Identifies self-development needs.
- Takes concrete steps to pursue self-development through training, education, projects etc.
Necessary Skills Sets and Desirable –
Drafting (Contracts and Pleadings)
- Ability to manage multiple projects/negotiations simultaneously in very tight timelines.
- Legal Research.
- Good command on English and Marathi with qualitative drafting skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and development skills.
- In-depth knowledge of legislations and regulations relevant to real estate.
- Exposure of handling customer disputes and negotiating landowners.
Educational Qualification & Experience
- Applicants should have completed LLB / LLM with 10 to 12 years of relevant experience.
Experience Type – :
- hands-on experience in handling real estate transactions independently including (a) drafting of joint venture agreements, development agreements, conveyance deeds, lease deeds, LLP Deeds, General power of attorney, etc.; (b) negotiations with the opposite party for finalization and closure of transactions; and (c) title and transaction risk identification along with the ability to provide suitable mitigations.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of land (Maharashtra) and has handled title due diligence and/or conducted title search with respect to the land and has complete knowledge of revenue/land records in the state of Maharashtra.
- Should be proficient with the structuring of real estate transactions such as joint ventures, LLP structure, the entity takes over, collaboration agreements, etc.
- Has hands-on experience in handling customer related issues including (a) drafting of application forms, allotment letters, buyer’s agreements, conveyance deeds, maintenance agreements, etc.; and (b) handling disputes raised by the customers and/or in relation to the projects.
- Has hands-on experience in research work and is proficient in working on various legal software.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.