Legal Education has become one of the most expensive professional courses to opt for in India. The annual fee of most of the Law Schools in India, goes into lacks of Rupees. This is a huge barrier for a lot of students to study Law (LL.B.). Therefore, we have curated a list of the Scholarships for Law Students (LL.B.). This post would be updated as soon as we get more details of the available scholarships for LL.B. Students in India.
GEV Memorial Merit Scholarship
The goal of the GEV memorial merit award for law students is to provide well-deserving students who are pursuing a law degree with financial assistance. Additionally, it gives students the chance to attend prestigious universities to study. The goal of the GEV memorial merit scholarship is to establish a strong network among law students. The GEV memorial merit scholarship is offered to law students by the GEV Scholarship Fund Trust. The fund was established by the trustees in honour of the late Dr. Goolam E. Vahanvati, India’s thirteenth attorney general. The candidates should visit the official application webpage to apply for the GEV memorial merit scholarship for law students.
GEV Scholarship Fund Trust
Students who wish to apply for this scholarship must fulfil the following eligibility criteria. They must:
- be an Indian citizen
- be already enrolled in any year of an LLB/LLM degree course at a recognized law institute in India, or have applied for CLAT, LSAT-India, AILET, or any other law entrance exam
- have scored a minimum of 60% in Class X and XII board exams
- have an annual family income of not more than INR 10,00,000 from all sources
- be willing to sign-up for the scholarship fund’s annual mentorship programs to assist and nurture the next batches of GEV Merit Scholars
INR 50,000 to INR 2,00,000 per year
- Copies of the marksheets (each qualifying examination from Secondary School Certificate examination to latest qualification)
- Copy of the letter of admission to the Law College, Institution or University at which the applicant is enrolled or intends to undertake studies (optional)
- Income proof (Salary Statement, IT Returns) of applicant’s parents
- Copy of latest CLAT/LSAT-India/AILET/other law entrance exam results
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Card
Aditya Birla Scholarship Programme
The best students in the country who attend IITs, NLUs, IIMs, BITS Pilani, XLRI Jamshedpur, etc. are awarded Aditya Birla Group Scholarships. To qualify for the award, students must demonstrate dedication and superior academic achievement over the duration of their study. Candidates for this scholarship must submit an online application. To apply, candidates must visit the Aditya Birla Group scholarship’s official website.
Aditya Birla Group
The following list contains certain eligibility requirements:
- Male and female students are also eligible for the grant.
- Only applications from students attending the following universities will be considered:
- National Law School of India University – Bangalore
- The West Bengal National University of Jurisdiction Sciences
- National Law University – Jodhpur
- Gujarat National Law University
- NALSAR University of Law – Hyderabad
- The candidates need to rank in the top 25% of their class.
- The candidate must continue to receive high marks on their tasks.
- The candidates must have successfully finished summer tasks.
- The candidate should be an active participant in a society, festival, or other event that showcases their co-curricular accomplishments and leadership and management skills.
- Each candidate must submit an essay outlining their qualifications for the scholarship.
Students are chosen fully based on the merits of their applications and performance in interviews. The following describes the selection procedure in detail:
- On the basis of their application, 180 students from IIMs and XLRI, 160 from IITs and BITS Pilani, and 100 from law schools would be evaluated.
- Shortlisted candidates will be chosen based on their academic and extracurricular achievements.
- These applicants’ performances in an essay session will serve as the foundation for evaluation.
- Candidates who make the short list will be provided with lodging and transportation when they arrive in Mumbai.
- Candidates must appear for an interview with a highly skilled group of judges.
- Final selections for the Aditya Birla Group Scholarship will be made among 16 engineering and management students, 8 law students, and 8 students from law school.
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
For Class 12 graduates who are enrolled in school or a university, the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students offers a chance. The primary goal of the Indian government is to improve the lives of children from disadvantaged households by helping them with the costs of sustaining their daily lives while pursuing higher education.
Department of Higher Education under the MHRD, Government of India
The following are the requirements for applying to the NSP Central Sector Scholarship Program for College and University Students:
- They must have scored more than 80 percent in the appropriate stream on the corresponding state examination boards’ Class 12 or equivalent.
- The candidates must be enrolled in a normal medical and engineering programme at an institution or college that has been approved by the AICTE, the Medical Council of India, the Dental Council of India, and any other applicable regulatory bodies.
- The family’s total annual income shouldn’t be more than INR 8 lakh.
- They cannot be listed on any other Scholarship voucher.
The company will provide the impacted pupils with up to INR 10,000 to 20,000 annually. The advantages of the Central Sector Scholarship Program for College and University Students are listed below:
- Financial assistance will be given to the chosen individuals, with different amounts depending on their degree of study.
- Graduation Level: The applicants will receive a scholarship of INR 10,000 per year for the first three years.
- At the post-graduate level, the applicants will receive INR 20,000 year.
- Up to 20,000 INR will be given for 5-year professional courses, primarily in the fourth and fifth years.
When submitting an application for the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students 2021–2022, applicants must upload all required documentation. The required paperwork for the scholarship is listed below:
- Aadhaar Card.
- Mark sheet
- Income Certificate.
The candidates must also meet the requirements for the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students 2021–22 selection procedure. Candidates may be chosen in accordance with the state-allocated quota based on their merit list. The candidates’ applications will be checked on two separate levels:
- by the university or college the students were attending.
- a State Education Board for that state.
Terms and Conditions
The following are the terms and conditions:
- Candidates from restricted groups, such as Minorities or the Weaker Section, may be eligible for reservations based on merit lists or in accordance with internal earmarking and central reservation policy.
- Candidates who cannot be independently verified by the Institute, the State Education Board, or both shall be deemed ineligible.
- The scholarship’s length will not exceed five years.
- For female students, 50% of the entire scholarship is set aside.
- Each year, 82,000 new scholarships are awarded to students who graduated from the Science, Commerce, and Humanities courses in a 3:2:1 ratio.
Quill Foundation Scholarship
The Quill Foundation is starting a scholarship and mentoring programme for young people in society who have strong academic credentials, little financial resources, a desire to practise law, and involvement in social causes. By putting Quill fellows with rights organisations, community organisations, and legal firms, mentorship will be provided to them throughout their LLB programme. The fellows will get training with the intention of becoming resource people in the community who can take up ongoing fights involving rights and state provisioning. Online applications are to be submitted through this website.
- To qualify for scholarship, students should:
- Must pass 10+2 exams
- Must have scored minimum 60% marks in English optional/elective subjects in 10+2
- Not opting for payment/self-financing seats
- Financially week and unable to pay for their education
Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities
For students from minority communities, the Ministry of Minority Affairs [MOMA] offers the MOMA Scholarship, which is a merit-and-means scholarship. The goal of this student scholarship programme is to assist people who are struggling financially. The annual scholarship grant is up to 20,000 INR.
Through the MOMA Scholarship, almost 20,000 students are given the opportunity to continue their study. A maximum of two kids from each family may apply for the MOMA scholarship, with about 30% of the award money going to female students. Three different categories have been established for the MOMA scholarship list 2022:
- Pre-Matric Scheme for Minorities: The pre-matric MOMA scholarship is available to children in grades 1 through 10 whose families earn less than INR 1 lakh. The scholarship grant varies up to INR 600 and the students must have received at least a 50% on their prior exam.
- Post Matric Scheme for Minorities: Minority students in grades 11 through PhD are eligible if their family’s annual income is less than INR 2 lakh. They have to receive at least a 50% on their prior final test.
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses: Students studying professional and technical courses at the graduate or postgraduate level are eligible for this award. Candidates who come from national minority groups and have a household income of less INR 2.5 lakhs per year are eligible for this scholarship. The candidate must have received at least a 50% on their last final test.
Ministry of Minority Affairs [MOMA]
Professional and Technical Courses Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The following criteria are used in the shortlisting process for the professional and technical courses scholarship for minorities:
- Candidates who have previously applied for graduate and postgraduate admission to technical and professional programmes are eligible to apply.
- The student’s prior final exam grade must have been at least 50%.
- The candidate’s family’s annual income cannot exceed INR 2.5 lakhs.
Required Documents for Professional and Technical Courses Scheme
The students should submit the following documents for the MOMA scholarship professional and technical courses scheme:
- Passport size photograph of the candidate.
- Income certificate of the parent.
- Community certificate.
- Previous year mark sheet (Self-attested).
- Current course fee receipt.
- Bank passbook copy.
- Domicile certificate or proof of residence
- Aadhar number.
- MOMA scholarship declaration form
MOMA Scholarship Selection Process
For all three categories, the MOMA scholarship selection procedure is as follows:
- In the case of the post-matric and pre-matric programmes, the committee will choose the candidates depending on financial circumstances.
- Merit is also taken into account for professional and technical courses.
- For the post- and pre-matric scholarship programme, older candidates are favoured.
- Preference will be given to students who are enrolled in reputable universities.
- The information of the chosen applicants will be released by the MOMA scholarship committee.
- By login onto the scholarship site, one may see the current status of the MOMA scholarship.
MOMA Scholarship Renewal Policy
For all three categories, the MOMA scholarship renewal procedure is the same. But it is determined by the following elements:
- The candidate must be enrolled in the same programme at the same school.
- They must also present a certificate attesting that the applicant received at least a 50% on the prior exam.
- Before submitting an application for renewal of the MOMA scholarship, candidates must finish the login procedure.
Terms and Conditions
The following requirements must be met in order to be eligible for the scholarship:
- These scholarships have a lady student preference of about 30%. If the female applicants don’t apply for the MOMA scholarship, it might be given to male candidates.
- One family may submit a maximum of two pupils for the MOMA scholarship.
- Regular lessons must be attended by the student.
- If university rules and regulations are not followed, the scholarship will be suspended.
- If a student is participating in the MOMA Scholarship Scheme, they are not eligible to receive any other scholarships or their perks.
- Candidates must submit their applications before the deadline for the MOMA scholarship form.
- On the official website, applicants may check the status of their MOMA scholarship payments.
Nirankari Rajmata Scholarship Scheme
The purpose of this scholarship is to give deserving students with financial aid so they can pursue professional and technical courses at the graduate and post-graduate levels. Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation developed it to assist students who are struggling financially to complete their technical and professional studies at the graduate or postgraduate level. The programme has created a strong support system for the qualified pupils. Interested candidates can download the application form by clicking here. The candidates are suggested to read the instructions carefully and fill in the necessary details. The candidates then need to attach all the required documents. The application form can either be mailed to [email protected] or can be sent to
Address: Member Education, Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation [80-A, Avtar Marg Sant Nirankari Colony, Delhi – 110009.]
Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation
All qualified students who want to pursue higher education in India are eligible for the award. Female applicants are only allowed to apply for half of the scholarships. The following is a list of the precise eligibility requirements:
- The candidate’s annual household income cannot exceed INR 3.5 lakhs.
- The candidate’s exam grade in the 12th grade must have been at least 90%.
- The applicant must be enrolled full-time at a government-recognized school or college to which he or she was accepted following a test.
- Any of the following subjects of study should be pursued by the applicant:
- Graduate degree in medicine
- Graduate degree in engineering
- MBA/ PGDM
- Chartered Accountancy after qualifying CPT
- CFA after passing the Foundation Test
- LLB after passing the entrance test for LLB
Scholarship Scheme Rewards
The scholarship does not have a set cost. The application of the Candidates will be examined by the relevant authorities. The Education Committee will determine the scholarship’s amount:
- The sum will be determined once the education committee has evaluated the family’s financial situation and need.
- The scholarship’s upper limit is INR 50,000.
- Only the tuition is covered by the scholarship.
- For girls alone, 50% of the scholarships are available.
- Complete application form along with a photo
- Copy of Family income certificate or the latest payslip and IT returns of the earning members of the family (Self-Attested)
- Self-attested copy of admission slip/ offer letter
- Self-attested copies of previous year mark sheets, starting from class 10th
- A certificate from the institution stating that the candidate is not benefiting under any other scheme/ scholarship, the candidate has not been admitted under any quota and that the family income of the candidate is not more than INR 3.5 lakhs
- Self-attested copy of residence proof
- Self-attested bank statement of last six months
- Self-attested copy of passbook or cheque
Scheme Selection Process
The department member will choose the scholarship candidates based on their qualifications and financial situation. The following are the specific selection criteria:
- The decision will be made once the applicants and their parents show up on the designated date for the education committee to assess them.
- The candidates must show both their original educational credentials and photocopies.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.
I agree with your all information..
And that’s information is very important