The Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, the first of its kind in the IIT system was set up in 2006. The basis of the School is to cater to the need for lawyers with technical expertise. We see ourselves as a part of the global endeavor to integrate technology and law to build technical lawyers with expertise to deal with the legal issues in the interface of technology and law. As such we are the only Law School with a technology focus.
WHY MCIP 2.0?
With most of the research conferences and gatherings aimed at either undergraduates or research scholars, there is a dearth of research platforms for students at the masters’ level. Such a dearth is unfortunate, as it indicates our failure as a society to capitalize on the expertise of the masters’ students. MCIP aims at being the first of its kind to provide a research platform dedicated solely to masters’ students.
In MCIP 1.0, the main theme was “IP AND SOCIETY”. We received a positive response both on a national as well as international level. A selection of 30 papers was made for the conference to maintain the quality of the presentations in the conference. The last edition also had a policy hackathon competition that was open for undergraduate students also.
In this edition of MCIP 2.0, the main theme is “IP and DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES: LAW, POLICY and SOCIETY” With the uniqueness of the law school, this conference is open to law
students as well as engineers, scientists, philosophers and to all other domains with which the theme has a direct or indirect connection. So that they can bring their unique ideas. This time there is a “NATIONAL IPR QUIZ COMPETITION” also. This competition is open for all UG, PG, and PhD students.
Theme: IP and Digital Technologies: Law, Policy and Society.
MCIP 2.0 has a plethora of non-exhaustive sub-themes to offer. The author may make a suitable choice from the given sub-theme or any other topic which is tangent to the main theme.
❖ DIGITAL INNOVATIONS
❖ DIGITAL SOCIETY AND CONSTITUTIONAL CHALLENGES
❖ DIGITAL HEALTH AND INTERNET PHARMACY
❖ DIGITAL HEALTH INTERVENTIONS IN THE VIEW OF PANDEMIC AND IP INTERFACE.
❖ DIGITAL CONTRACTS: IP INTERLINK
❖ IP AND E-COMMERCE: NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL ISSUES.
❖ CYBER SECURITY: LEGAL CHALLENGES
❖ DIGITAL PORTALS AND SEXUAL OFFENCES
❖ ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
❖ SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY INTERVENTION
❖ TRANSFER OF TECHNOLOGY AND DIGITAL INTERVENTIONS
❖ DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY AND LEGAL REFORMS
❖ DIGITAL PLATFORMS AND FUNCTIONING OF COURTS IN INDIA
❖ DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY AND INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN LAW
❖ DIGITAL MEDIA AND ANTI-DISCRIMINATION LAW
Submission of Abstract: 10th FEBRUARY
Confirmation of Abstract: 13th FEBRUARY
Full Paper Submission: 15th MARCH*
[*IF THE PAPER IS FOUND NOT FULFILLING THE ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS, THE PAPER
SHALL BE RETURNED TO THE AUTHORS FOR CORRECTION]
The submission is to be made on 10th FEBRUARY The maximum word limit allowed for the abstract is 300 words inclusive of five keywords.
● The abstract should mention the following aspects of the paper:
● Author details: Name, Institution, Designation (Year), Contact number, Email ID
● Problem Statement
● A brief outline of the paper (tentative)
The abstract should follow the following formatting guidelines:
● The submission shall be in doc/docx file.
● The font shall be Times New Roman, 12 font size 1.5 spacing and Justified
● The abstract shall be submitted at email@example.com
The submission is to be made on 15th MARCH The maximum word limit allowed for the full paper is 8000 words, including footnotes.
The paper should follow the following formatting guidelines:
● The submission shall be in doc/Docx file.
● The font shall be Times New Roman, 12 font size 1.5 spacing, and Justified.
● All citations are to be made using the Harvard referencing style (author-date).
● References should be provided only at the end of the paper.
● All the authors are required to use any of the similarity index tools such as Turnitin and submit a report of the similarity report of the full paper.
Participants are required to pay the registration fee only after their abstracts have been approved.
❖ SINGLE STUDENT: 600 INR
❖ EACH CO-AUTHOR: 600 INR
❖ FACULTY: 1000 INR
❖ INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS: $27/ 2000 INR
● Participation in all the sessions of the conference
● Certificate from RGSOIPL, IIT Kharagpur
● Free authors’ copy for all the publications emanating from the conference
If you have any queries, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile No. – Vaishali Patel – 7844905669
Ridhi Singhal – 7081548257
Yadnesh Kulkarni – 9284743852
Atul Kumar Dubey – 9654941690
- Call for Papers | SPIL International Law Journal, 2022 | Vol II
- Webinar on Law & Economics | Legal Entrepreneurship & Incubation Cell, USLLS, GGSIPU.
- Call for Papers for Volume XI Issue II | NLIU Law Review.
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at email@example.com
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.