About the Organization
LedX- Legal Education by Experts is a dedicated legal online learning platform, changing the way legal education is taught, delivered, and utilized. Our expertise across the vast courses and sectors covers varied and nuanced needs with a constantly evolving legal, regulatory, and business environment.
LedX is harnessing legal education through app-based learning, online professionals, and student community and course delivery beyond the traditional education system through a single platform, making legal education easily accessible worldwide. We are creating an ecosystem of Instructors, legal experts, working professionals who have deep knowledge and understating of law, content, and learners under one roof. We act as a tutor and guide to assist them in fulfilling their goals.
About the Competition
OPINIO JURIS 1.0 organized by LedX bring an exciting & innovative opportunity for law students to step into the shoes of a judge and deliver a well-articulated opinion on a landmark judgement. Dissent is the necessity of a democracy; a strong democracy will always have strong voices of dissent.
Those who stand out from the crowd and can find their own mind & thoughts will always be the voices who change the world.
In this competition, the participants will be expected to write dissenting opinion to an existing landmark judgment. The participants will be expected to write a thorough and diligent appreciation of the factual matrix, precedents, obiter & ration decidendi of the judgment and provide a dissenting opinion. The competition encourages innovative opinions that have meticulously examined and applied relevant legal concepts.
The main advantage of this contest is to cultivate the art of writing opinions on judgments. The students are given the opportunity to build their judicious minds.
- The manuscript submitted must be an original work of the author(s) and must not have been submitted or published elsewhere.
- Any sort of plagiarism shall amount to penalty.
- Word Limit is 3500 words (inclusive of footnotes)
- The manuscript must not disclose identity of the author(s) (e.g. name, institution, etc.)
- The cover page of the manuscript shall mention the team code at the top right corner.
- The manuscript shall be submitted in PDF format only. The name of the file shall be the allotted team code.
- Author(s) shall not e-mail their submissions to the official email ID.
- The author(s) shall strictly adhere to the 20th Bluebook Citation. Any citation found contrary shall amount to penalty.
- The manuscript shall be in A4 Layout with 1.5 line spacing and Justified Alignment.
- Headings: Times New Roman, Size – 14, Bold.
- Main body: Times New Roman, Size – 12.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, Size – 10, Line Spacing 1.0 and Justified Alignment.
- The language of the Judgment should be in English.
- The file must be a Microsoft (Word and PDF format).
- All students pursuing 3 year or 5-year L.L.B. course or an L.L.M. course from a recognized Law School, University or Institution in India shall be eligible to participate.
- Single author or Co-Authorship up to 2 authors shall be permitted. Authors may belong to the same or different Law School, University or Institution in India.
- A team of single or two authors will be considered eligible to participate only if the registration is completed on or before 15th June, 2022
- Winner: Rs. 3,100/- + Certification + LedX Subscription Benefits
- 1st Runner Up: Rs. 2,100/- + Certification + LedX Subscription Benefits
- 2nd Runner UP: Rs. 1,100/- + Certification + LedX Subscription Benefits
- Voice of Dissent Award – LedX Innovation Award: Rs. 2,100/- + Certification + LedX Subscription Benefits
|Adherence to Rule||15|
|Arrangement Of Facts and Issues Addressed||10|
|Statement of Rival Contentions and Issues Addressed||15|
|Knowledge of Legal Principles, Citing of Relevant case, Statutes and Opinion||20|
|Language, Style of Presentation and Originality||15|
- Teams are required to complete the registration before 15th June 2022.
- The Registration Fee is Rs. 199/- for single author and Rs. 299/- for co-authorship. The registration fee is payable at time of registration.
- Once the form is submitted, an acknowledgement mail will be sent within 24-48 hours to the teams.
- Registration fees once paid are neither refundable nor non-transferable.
- Any change in authorship will not be entertained after submission of the registration form unless the Organizing Committee notices an exceptional circumstance.
Click here to download the brochure.
- Webinar on “Introduction to Litigation practice: Skills, opportunities and challenges” | GNLU SRDC-ADR Magazine.
- 1st National Moot Court Competition | MNLU Nagpur.
- 4th VITSOL National Moot Court Competition on Corporate Law by VIT in Chennai : Register by May 31.
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.