The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific is one of the five regional commissions under the jurisdiction of the United Nations Economic and Social Council.
About the Internship
The intern will work with the designated staff of the Asian and Pacific Centre for Transfer of Technology (APCTT) in the implementation of the Centre’s substantive work program.
The work program broadly involves developing and promoting regional mechanisms and platforms, capacity building of policy makers and institutions, and carrying out normative and analytical work to assist ESCAP member States in the following areas:
- National Innovation Systems (NIS),
- Technology Innovation Management,
- Development and Transfer of Technology;
- Technology Facilitation for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) with a specific focus on food and nutritional security, energy security, and environmental sustainability; New and Emerging technologies (e.g. biotechnology, nanotechnology, and renewable energy); Technology Intelligence Services (e.g. periodicals & publications, research & analytical studies); and Digital Strategy (websites, social media, etc. to enhance the outreach and impact of the program outputs and outcomes).
Duration of Internship
The internship at the Asian and Pacific Centre for Transfer of Technology is for a minimum of 2 (Two) months with an opportunity to extend it for not more than six months, if required by APCTT.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum
Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
For more details, see
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.