About HPNLU, Shimla
Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla is a premier Law University in India was established by the State Government in the year 2016, by an Act of the Legislature (Act 16 of 2016). The University started functioning from 5th of October, 2016. Located in the geographical terrains of Himalayas, HPNLU, Shimla, is the best place for study and learning law, understanding about law and legal system, topographies of law making, legal practice, and administration. Perhaps, climatic conditions and environmental privileges of its location, makes the University one of the most sought-after law education institutions within a small span of its coming into existence.
About the Centre
Centre for Environment and Disaster Management (CEDM) is a specialized Centre, established by Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla for conducting socio-legal research in the field of environment protection & disaster management. The Centre aims to serve as a research and training centre in the field of environmental law and policy. It further aims to initiate and promote regional, national as well as international collaboration. The aim of the Centre is to inculcate environmental awareness and sensitivity about the various environmental related issues among the various stakeholders as well as to impart comprehensive knowledge in environmental law and policy. To celebrate the World Animal Welfare Day the CEDM proudly announces the National Essay Writing Competition. The competition is an endeavour to offer law students an opportunity to develop sensitivity and inculcate a spirit of care and protection for the wildlife.
The competition is open to students pursuing under-graduation from any recognised University in India and is open to the students who are pursuing five year as well as three year LLB course from a recognised University/Law School.
- The manuscript should be accompanied by a Cover Letter specifying the author’s name, designation, institution name, contact number, and email for future reference.
- At the time of submission of Essay the author is required to give an undertaking that the article/essay is his/her original work and has not been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
- Co-authorship is not allowed.
- The similarity index should be below 10%. Plagiarism will result in summary rejection of the submission.
- The length of the essay must not exceed 5000 words including endnotes.
- All submissions must be in English.
- The contents should be in Times New Roman with font size of 12, 1.5 line spacing and ‘justified’ alignment.
- The article should contain endnotes and not footnotes. All endnotes must be in Times New Roman font, with size 10 and line spacing 1and ‘justified’ alignment.
- All submissions must follow the Bluebook (20th Edition) style of citation; non-conformity will be subject to rejection.
10.Submissions must be made in .doc/.docx formats only.
11.Entries not following the above instructions will not be accepted.
• All submissions shall be mailed to [email protected]
with the subject line “Submission: CEDM National Essay Writing Competition”.
• Registration Fee: Rs. 250/-
Theme- Animal Protection and Wildlife Welfare
• The participants are required to choose sub-themes on their own.
• Best three essays will be given a Certificate of “Best Essay Award”.
• All participants will be given Certificate of Appreciation.
Last date for submission and payment of registration fee: 25/09/2021.
Payment of Fees
• Payment shall be made via SBI Collect.
• Link for SBI Collect Open the link and Click on the Check Box and Proceed.
• Select the state and type of institution.
• Select the Institution Name Select the payment category as HPNLU COMPETITIONS
• Fill your data and make the payment
For official notification click here.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.