Table of Contents
About MNLU Mumbai
Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai is a National Law University located at Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, and is one of most prestigious law schools in India. MNLU Mumbai offers a five-year integrated B.A LL.B. programme and LL.M. Programmes. Students have to qualify for CLAT to secure admission to UG or PG.
About the Journal on Corporate Laws & Commercial Regulations
The Journal on Corporate Law & Commercial Regulations is a pioneering and flagship academic periodical of its kind and a student-run law journal devoted exclusively to the study of the interface between Corporate and Commercial Law and other Cross-Disciplinary Subjects. The Journal is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal published bi-annually and established with the vision to make corporate law and commercial regulations accessible and comprehensible to the seekers.
It is guided by a Student Editorial Board, a Peer Review Panel consisting of expert academicians, and a Board of Advisors comprised of veterans in the field. We encourage academicians in law and cognate disciplines to contribute to the Journal by revisiting and reimagining the boundaries of law through innovations in method and form.
About Centre for Training and Research in Commercial Regulations
The Centre for Training and Research in Commercial Regulations was established with the view to encourage and promote discussion, training, and research in areas of Commercial Law and allied areas by bringing together academicians, professionals, legal experts, economists, regulators, judges, and students. Our aim is to discuss, debate & spread awareness about contemporary changes & challenges faced by different businesses in the Indian & International Market and to be able to generate literary academia where people from various forums can come together to exhibit their knowledge and expertise and serve as a platform for people from all diverse fields to share their nuances about commercial and regulatory compliance mechanisms and the nitty-gritty associated with them in the legal sphere.
Categories for Submission
- Long Articles (6000 to 10000 words) – A long article must be a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of the problem(s) or idea(s) dealt with by the author and should include references to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions. The word limit is exclusive of footnotes.
- Short Articles (2000 to 6000 words) – A short article must be an analysis of the problem(s) or idea(s) dealt with by the author and should include references to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions. The word limit is exclusive of footnotes.
- Case Comment (1200 to 4000 words) – The comment must be a critical analysis of a recent judgment, bringing out its relevance in light of the development of laws, views expressed in the judgment, and views of the author. The word limit is exclusive of footnotes.
- Book Review (1000 to 3000 words) – The review must be a crisp account of a recently published book including the issues explored and the related arguments of the author. The word limit is exclusive of footnotes.
- Legislative Comment (1000 to 3000 words) – The comment must analyze a recent legislative enactment. It must examine the objective of the legislation and the legal impact the same is expected to have. The word limit is exclusive of footnotes.
- Eligibility – Authors must be Students enrolled in 5-year or 3-year law courses, Legal Professionals, Teachers, Researchers, Policy-Makers, Senior Academicians, or any member of the legal fraternity.
- Participation Guidelines –Co-authorship of entries (maximum 2) among individuals from the same or different institutions is allowed. Multiple entries from the same authors are not allowed. Entries should be original, unpublished, and non-plagiarised.
- Authors are requested to adhere to the following submission guidelines:
- Individual Attachments: Name; e-mail; contact number; current academic status (year of study, name of the university, etc.); undertaking as to guarantee of originality.
- Formatting specifications:
- Font and size for the Essay: Times New Roman | 12
- Font and size for Footnotes: Times New Roman | 10
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Page size: A4
- Margin – 1′ from all sides
- Alignment: Justified
- Citation Style: Footnotes must be properly cited strictly in accordance with the latest 21st Bluebook format. No endnotes or speaking footnotes (descriptive footnotes) are permitted.
- Interested authors must submit an abstract of not more than 200-250 words accompanied by at least 5 keywords. The general submission guidelines shall also govern the abstract submission.
- Authors may submit manuscripts in accordance with the above laid down guidelines by way of e-mail at [email protected]. We accept submissions on a deadline basis.
- Submissions made by way of E-mail must mention in the subject field – “Manuscript Submission [ARTICLE/ NOTE/ BOOK REVIEW]” and should be addressed to The Editorial Board, CLCR.
- CLCR adheres to the Open Access Policy. This means that all articles published in the Journal would be made available on the Journal’s website without any time limit and free of charge.
- The submission must be an original unpublished work. Submissions should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication.
- Submissions are accepted for publication on the condition that they do not infringe upon the rights of any third party. All submissions will be run through anti-plagiarism software and plagiarism in any form will result in instant rejection of the submission.
- After review, manuscripts may be returned to authors suggesting changes to content, style, or structure. Acceptance of the piece for publication may be made contingent upon incorporating the suggestions.
- Withdrawal of the manuscript must be notified to the team through mail. No withdrawals will be allowed after the author has responded with an acceptance to the confirmation mail by the team.
- All content must be submitted in English. That said, once approved for publication, we are happy to post a translated copy(ies), provided that the translation is done either by the author(s) herself/himself or through a trusted third party of the author’s own accord. Please note that any translated version(s) will be posted alongside, rather than in lieu of, the English version. We strongly encourage authors to avail of the opportunity to translate their text into the working language of the context of interest, so that the post can reach a wider audience.
- The review process is a two-stage double-blind peer review.
- The board would look into various factors like relevance to the theme of the blog, accuracy of facts, depth of analysis, coherence in arguments, and lastly, language and structure of the content.
- Generally, the author(s) will be intimated about acceptance/rejection within 10 days of submission. However, the review process may take longer under exceptional circumstances.
Opening Date of Submission: 6th October 2022
Closing Date of Submission: 20h November 2022
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.