Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University was established in 2006 to impart quality legal education to students all over the country and to meet emerging challenges in the field of law.
About Nishith Desai Associates
Founded in 1990, Nishith Desai Associates has earned the reputation of being Asia’s most Innovative Law Firm and the go-to specialists for companies around the world, looking to conduct businesses in India and for Indian companies considering business expansion abroad.
About the Committee
The Committee was constituted with the objective of promoting legal research and writing. Apart from conducting RILEC every year, the Committee annually publishes two peer-reviewed journals – the RMLNLU Law Review and the RMLNLU Journal on CMET (Communication, Media, Entertainment and Technology) Law.
Both these journals publish articles, essays, case notes/comments and book reviews from contributors all over the world. The RMLNLU Law Review also runs a blog that provides a platform for people in the field to express their opinions on contemporary legal issues.
Ms. Aarushi Jain: She is the Co-Head of IP & TMT Practice. She has a rich experience spanning 12 years in areas of Education, Media, and Tech corporates, both domestic and international, on legal and regulatory issues.
Ms. Aparna Gaur: She is the leader of the IP and TMT team at NDA. She is integrally involved in IP transactional and advisory work and handles patent prosecution and IP litigation.
Theme and Sub-Themes
- IPR and Technology Law
- Intellectual Property Theft
- Quantum computing and Intellectual Property Rights
- Copyright issues pertaining to Live Streaming of Gameplays, Online Reviews, and Walkthroughs
- Technology transfer and Intellectual Property
- No Specialised Intellectual Property Courts in India
- Metaverse and Intellectual Property Rights
Note: The sub-themes are only indicative. Authors are free to deviate and explore other labour law sub-themes of their own choice.
Authors must be pursuing their 5-year integrated LL.B. (Hons.) course/ 3-year LL.B. course/ LL.M from any recognized university in India and equivalent law degree abroad for the academic year of 2022-2023, to be eligible to participate in the competition.
- Word Limit: 4000-5000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Individual Attachments: Name; contact details; current academic status (year of study, name of university etc.); undertaking as to guarantee of originality.
- Font and size for the essay: Times New Roman – 12
- Font and size for footnotes: Times New Roman – 10
- Paper Size: A 4
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Margin: 1” from all sides
- Alignment: Justified
- Citation Style: Footnotes must be properly cited strictly in accordance with the latest OSCOLA (4th edition) format. No endnotes or speaking footnotes (descriptive footnotes) are permitted.
- Entries should be emailed to rilec.rmlnlu[at]gmail.com under the subject title “Entry for 10th RILEC – [Name(s) of Author(s)]” in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format.
- Any queries relating to the Competition should be addressed to rilec.rmlnlu[at]gmail.com
- Co-authorship of entries (maximum two) among individuals from the same or different institutions is allowed.
- Multiple entries for the same authors are not allowed.
- Entries should be original, unpublished and non-plagiarised.
- Winner: INR 15,000/-
- First Runner- up: INR 10,000/-
- Second Runner- up: INR 5,000/-
- Authors of the top three entries will be receiving a Certificate of Achievement and may, upon the discretion of the NDA, receive an internship opportunity.
- A ‘Certificate of Merit shall be provided to the selected entries.
- The top three entries will be published on the RMLNLU Law Review Blog.
- The top three entries may be considered for publication in the next issue of the RMLNLU Law Review Journal.
- All participants shall be receiving a Certificate of Participation.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Submission Deadline – December 3, 2022
- Offline Conference – Yet to be announced
For further clarity one may reach out to [email protected]
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.