Table of Contents
About the Faculty of Law, Jagran Lakecity University
Jagran Lakecity University (JLU) Bhopal is a private university established under Section 2(f) of UGC Act 1956 and is based out of Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
JLU Bhopal is one of the fastest growing and one of the most awarded universities of Central India having practice-based pedagogy at its core. Currently, the university is offering 50+ degree programs to more than 2500 students from 8 countries and 27 states of India.
The university has numerous Partnerships with Top Industries and International Educational Institutes, ensuring the students get great exposure both nationally and internationally. JLU Bhopal is the only participating university from Central India ERASMUS+ programme under the Tuning India Project, funded by the European Commission and is also currently the country chair for Association of Universities of Asia Pacific (AUAP).
Jagran Lakecity University became the first university in MP & CG to be awarded the ‘DIAMOND’ rating by QS I-Gauge, an International Rating agency in June 2021. JLU was ranked 30th best private university in India by the Education World in 2021 and also got the E-Learning Excellence for Academic Digitisation (E-Lead) Certification 2020-21, by QS I –Gauge.
India Today and Outlook India, has ranked Jagran School of Journalism and Mass Communication, JLU Bhopal as No.1 in Madhya Pradesh and top 15 in India in 2020 and the University has been bestowed with several prestigious awards, such as ‘University of the Year’ by Government of Madhya Pradesh for consecutive five years from 2015 to 2019 and is recognized as a Global League Institution in 2015 at the House of Commons, London, UK.
About the Centre for Law, Economics and Competition Policy (CLECP)
Under the banner of law and economics, the Centre intends to hold a variety of activities to make a significant contribution to the field of economic analysis of Indian and international laws. In addition, for future research and academic endeavours, to collaborate with various national and international premier institutes in the fields of law and economics. The centre will prepare law students to apply their multidisciplinary thinking to this topic. It will promote law and economics research and learning in order to have an impact on policymaking at the national and international levels, with participation from all stakeholders throughout the world.
About the Masterclass Certificate Course
The contemporary world requires a great amount of attention to the interdisciplinary study and analysis of concepts. Law and economics are two such fields that have significant global importance and exhibit an interplay that needs to be studied in order to gain insights into the dynamics of the legal system and economic principles. Economic analysis of law allows academicians, experts, and practitioners to interpret the existing policy frameworks and cultivate an interest in interdisciplinary research. Keeping in mind the need for understanding the theme of law and economics and reflecting on its influence, this Masterclass Certificate Course is designed to provide a comprehensive view of this interdisciplinary concept. The course will be facilitated by speakers from academia, industry, and regulatory institutions on a range of topics to provide a substantial understanding of the interplay between law and economics.
- To facilitate exposure to the inter- relationship between law and economics.
- To teach by examples how to conduct economic analysis of laws.
- To promote a culture of teaching, learning and research on the interplay of law and
Participants will be able to explain and assess the interplay of law and economics.
Participants will understand the interdisciplinary application of law and economics in the contemporary world and can use the learning for research and academic endeavours.
Fostering an output oriented interdisciplinary approach to discuss and assess the interplay of law, economics, and competition policy through deliberation and analytical study.
- Creating a forum for stakeholders to research, debate, and analyse national and international legal frameworks and actions through the lens of economic theories and practices.
- Nurturing an ecosystem for students, researchers, academics, and practitioners to gain insights and also contribute to their work that links law, economics, and competition policy.
- The course comprises of six Master classes of 50 minutes each.
- Inaugural lecture will be delivered on January 25, 2022 (by Prof. (Dr) Upendra Baxi)
- The detail schedule is given in brochure
Who may Participate?
- Undergraduate and Post-graduate students of any discipline
- Ph.D. Scholars of any discipline
- College or University level Professors
- Professionals(like lawyers, Charted Accountants etc)
- Policy makers and Policy enthusiast
E-Certificate of participation will be provided upon successfully attending stipulated
number of lectures and submitting the assignment, which consist of a writeup on each of the masterclasses. Submission mode and timeline shall be communicated in due course of time.
National Conference on’ Interplay of Law and Economics in Indian Law and Policy Making’ Participants who successfully attend all the masterclasses of this course, shall have an opportunity to present a paper without paying registration charges on the Economics in Indian Law and Policy Making’ to be held in April 2022.
INR 1200 for the entire course
- Registrations are limited to 60 participants on a first come first serve basis.
- Participants are requested to register by making the payment and filling the Google form before the deadline.
Link for the Registration: https://forms.gle/9kSzwziYmw1tE3Px8
Note: The participants are required to attach the screenshot of successful payment in the registration form.
Last date for registration: January 22, 2022.
Platform: Online on Zoom
For brochure click here.
- National Article Writing Competition on 73rd Republic Day of India | The Society for Quiz (SFQ), Panjab University, Chandigarh.
If your organization wants to promote any event or competition for the legal fraternity at Legally Flawless, kindly reach out to us at [email protected]
Join our WhatsApp Group for regular updates: Click Here
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.