The CADR is collaborating with Surana & Surana International Attorneys, headquartered in Chennai, India to organise the 3rd edition of the Surana & Surana & RGNUL International Arbitral Award Writing Competition 2022.
About The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR)
The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR) at the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, has been established to promote students’ and researchers’ interest in Alternative Dispute Resolution constituting dispute resolution methods like Arbitration, Negotiation, Mediation and Conciliation. CADR endeavours to promote and develop ADR as a vehicle of socio-economic and political justice.
About Surana & Surana
Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai, India has been dedicated to providing quick relief to clients and is described as the “first choice” and the “go-to” firm for legal advice by top clients from “MSME to MNC” in South India. Consistently ranked among the top law firms of India since 1998 by national and international publications and clients, their services include arbitration, mediation, litigation, corporate, commercial, criminal, cyber, defence, tax, regulatory investigations & compliance, real estate, infrastructure and IPR.
- The competition shall be open to the students who are pursuing their B.A.LL.B./LLM/PhD/MPhil or any other Undergraduate or Masters courses (other than Law) in any university across the world.
- If any student of Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL) is positioned amongst the top three, he/she will not be eligible for the top three prizes but will be felicitated with a special prize by the Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai.
Details of the Event
- Release of the competition problem: September 10, 2022
- The last date to seek clarifications: October 10, 2022
- Release of clarifications: October 20, 2022
- Last date for submission of the final draft: November 20, 2022
- Declaration of results: January 2023
- First prize: INR 25,000/-
- Second prize: INR 15,000/-
- Third prize: INR 10,000/-
- Consolation prize (next 5 best entries): INR 1,000/- (each)
- For registration and submission forms
- For submitting clarifications
- For competition rules
- For draft award
- For competition problem
For further clarity one may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact:
Kabir Chaturvedi (+91 9148905381)
Tanveer Kaur (+91 7009722968)
Rachit Somani (+91 6376006259)
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.