ABOUT HPNLU, SHIMLA
The Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla (HPNLU) was established by an act of the Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha in the year 2016 (act 16 of 2016). In the five years of its foundation, HPNLU has seen tremendous growth and has undertaken a good number of innovative measures to enhance the academic potential of its faculty members,students and research scholars.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
HPNLU, Shimla is delighted to announce the second edition of National Virtual Moot Court Competition, 2021. This flagship event has been devised with the aim of creating the opportunity for learning the development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in constitutional law besides armouring the coming generation of legal fraternity with research and oratory skills. As a law school, it takes pride to develop academic and advocacy excellence among the law students by appraising them about drafting the memorials, presenting and arguing the case to prove their stand before the court.THEME The Moot Proposition is based on Constitutional law.
The Competition shall comprise of two stages: Round I and Round II.
It shall be the Memorial Elimination Round.This round will be open to all teams which register for the Competition. On the basis of round, I, total of 32 will advance to Round II.
Round II: Oral Rounds
The teams which will succeed in Round I will be eligible to participate in the Round II i.e., Oral Rounds which shall comprise of Preliminary Rounds and Advanced Rounds viz. Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Finals.
Procedure for Registration
No more than one team may represent an institution. Interested teams/institutions are required to register for the Competition by filling a provisional registration form.
The last date for completion of all the registration formalities (Round I) is before 22ndSeptember, 2021 (11:59 P.M. IST). Prior payment of Registration Fees INR 1000/- via SBI Collect online bank transfer for Stage I is required in order to fill the Round I Registration Form.Teams that qualify Round I, i.e., the Memorial Elimination Round shall be required to make a payment of INR 2000 via SBI Collect online bank transfer before 25th October 2021 (11:59 P.M. IST).
The ‘Registration fee’ needs to be paid only through SBI
Further instructions for the Fee payment through SBI Collect are provided in the manual:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yqCyNpIlnP73Qdf6AOB_ZwO5usdFPbqP/view?usp=sharing
• The Winning team shall be awarded a cash prize of INR. 21,000/- (INR Twenty-One Thousand Only) along with Three (3) one-year complimentary subscription to SCC Online Web Edition to be distributed to the winning team worth INR. 24,000 each.
• The Runner-up team will be awarded a cash prize of INR. 10,000/- (INR Ten Thousand Only) along with Three (3) one-year complimentary subscription to EBC Learning worth INR. 14,500 each.
• The Best Speaker from the preliminary rounds shall be rewarded with the cash prize of INR 5000/- (INR Five Thousand Only).
• The team having the highest average written submission score from both sides shall be rewarded with the cash prize of INR 5000/- (INR Five Thousand Only).
• The participant researcher scoring the highest average score in the Researcher’s Test shall be rewarded with the cash prize of INR 5000/-(INR Five Thousand Only).
• E-Certificates of merit shall be given to all the teams qualifying for the Advanced Rounds.
• E-Certificate of participation shall be given to all the participating teams.
For brochure, rulebook and all details click here.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.