Table of Contents
About the GCIPR
Recognizing the immense potential of Intellectual Property Rights to guide the domestic innovative and creative industries towards growth on the global platform, GNLU established the Centre for Intellectual Property Rights in January 2016.
The Centre was established with a three-fold objective, i.e., to encourage academic discourse on IPR and allied subjects; to develop research plans for exclusive on-field studies, and to create better awareness among stakeholders by designing and conducting programs.
GNLU’s continued endeavors of promoting IPR were recognized by the software giant Microsoft India resulting in the establishment of the GNLU-Microsoft IPR Chair in 2013.
Further, in the year 2015, the University was endowed with generous funding from the Gujarat Government’s Council on Science and Technology (GUJCOST) under the Department of Science and Technology (DST) under the titled GUJCOST-GNLU Centre of Excellence in IPR, to promote research, training and educational activities in areas such as Patent law, Traditional Knowledge and Law of Geographical Indications.
The Centre added another feather to its cap when it was endowed with funding under DPIIT Scheme for Pedagogy and Research in IPRs for Holistic Education and Academia (SPRIHA) with the establishment of another IPR Chair in 2018.
About the Course
This course on tech law and IP is a one of a kind in India, aiming to touch upon various upcoming areas at the intersection of law, technology, and policy including the complex landscape of privacy requirements, IP laws, data protection, regulated vs. grey unregulated areas (US vis-à-vis India) and subsequent pros and cons.
The prime objective of the course is to acquaint participants with the ground application of academic learnings and familiarize them with the real-life scenario of a legal practitioner, especially in a constantly evolving field that will undergo rapid changes in the next 20 years.
It aims for students to be at the helm of this coming transformation by relaying the basics as well as aims to enable future lawyers to understand the consequences of using AI and understand ethical and conscientious interaction with Artificial Intelligence. It is ideal for a law student wishing to explore the nuances of tech law and build a career as a tech lawyer.
- This course will follow a discussion-based style which will emphasize both the practical and theoretical academic aspects supplemented by experiences drawn from real life.
- It will encourage a participatory and student-centered approach, entailing minimal work outside class.
- The total duration of the course is 20 hours consisting of 10 sessions. The course will be followed by an assessment in the form of a simple MCQ quiz.
- The mode of conducting the course is virtual vide Cisco Webex.
- Registration fees for GNLU Students: INR 500
- Registration fees for external students: INR 1000
- Registration fees for academicians: INR 2000
- Registration fees for others: INR 2500
- The fee payment link will be: https://gnlu.servergi.com:8071/SIMWEBGNLU/Utilities/opendataform
- The course fees are non-refundable. No participant will be entertained without enrolment.
How to Apply?
- Registration form is available at:- https://forms.gle/6aspTzJuCCnZMJHK9
- The link shall remain open till 11:59 pm, July 15, 2023.
A Certificate of completion will be issued to each participant upon securing 80% Attendance.
Queries may be addressed to [email protected]
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.