Table of Contents
About HPNLU, Shimla
The Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU, Shimla) was established by the State Government in the year 2016 by an Act of the Legislature (Act 16 of 2016). The University started functioning on the 5th of October 2016. The University has made its mark in legal education by following a forward-looking approach and taking off the beaten paths to enhance the academic potential of its faculty members, students, and research scholars. The Conference invites research papers on the ‘Rights of Transgender People from research scholars, academicians, activists, lawyers, members of the transgender community, students, and faculty from different disciplines to share their outlooks on the subjects of deliberation. In preparing the abstract of their proposed papers, they encourage prospective participants to engage with the highlighted theme of the conference.
Rights Of Transgender People
This aims to address various concerns and causes of their tribulations such as forms of subjugation and humiliation encountered by them, sexual and emotional hostility from society, absence of a congenial environment, and attitude towards them & to delve deep into the duality of society, the extreme agonies of transgenders, and the challenges met by them.
Date of the event
16th May 2023
Hybrid Mode. The venue for the offline presentations shall be Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla
- Last date to submit abstracts: 14th April 2023.
- Date for Intimation of Abstract/Concept note shortlisting: 16th May 2023
- Date of Submission of Full paper: 21st May 2023
The Sub-Themes are only illustrative:
- Trans visibility in Literature.
- Mythology, Folktales, and Transgender.
- Social Exclusivity.
- Transgenders and Human Rights.
- Economic, Social, and Political Vulnerability of Transgender.
- Medical/Clinical Challenges Social Stigmatization of Transgenders.
- Gender dysphoria.
- Discriminatory barriers to Housing and Employment.
- Sex-work and Sustainability.
- Self-esteem and identity issues.
- Transgender Rights and Sexual Diversity.
- Impact of Transgender Literature on Law and Society.
- Transgender And Marriage Issues.
- Transgender and Religion.
Note: No certificate shall be issued in absentia, and registration charges shall not be refunded at any stage.
- Registration fees:
- Academicians/Other professionals: Rs. 1000/-
- Research Scholars/Students: Rs. 500/-
- Payment Details: The Payment must be made to the following account:
- Account No. – 38109063445
- Account Holder’s Name – Himachal Pradesh National Law University
- Branch – Ghandal (63954)
- IFSC Code – SBIN0063954
- The Abstract must be accompanied by a cover page, which should include the title of the paper, name(s) of the author(s) and their affiliations, resident country, and the complete postal and e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the authors.
- Co-authorship is allowed for up to two authors only, including the main author.
- The deadline to submit individual abstracts is 14th May, 2023.
- Submit your abstract through email at at [email protected]
- Accepted abstracts will be notified through email (Authors/Co-authors must provide a valid email address with each abstract submission) on 16th May, 2023.
- Upon acceptance of abstracts, full papers must be submitted by 21st May, 2023.
- The paper presentation can be done through PPT.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.