Table of Contents
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences is a National Law University located in Bidhannagar, Kolkata, West Bengal, India. In 2021, it was ranked fourth among law colleges in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework and second by India Today.
About the Student Juridical Association (SJA)
The Student Juridical Association (SJA) is the official student body of NUJS. We are an organization of students to promote co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. The NUJS student body happens to be one of the most active, aware and vibrant student collective among all Indian law schools. The SJA contributes to this vibrancy by enabling students to explore crucial issues confronting the student life as well as the legal profession, while at the same time enabling students to take advantage of the excellent opportunities that NUJS offers inside the beyond its campus.
About the Event
In furtherance to mark the 50th anniversary of pronouncement of the historic judgement in Kesavananda Bharati v. State of Kerala (the “Kesavananda Bharti case”), the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata in association with the Nani A. Palkhivala Memorial Trust and the Tata Group celebrates the legacy of one of the finest Indian jurists, Shri Nani Palkhivala. They hereby announce the 1st Nani A. Palkhivala Memorial Essay Competition.
NUJS shall host a Nani A. Palkhivala Memorial Conclave where select participants will be provided an opportunity to present their essays before distinguished guests. Selected entries shall be published by the NUJS Law Review in a special edition.The top entries of the essay competition shall be given a chance to present their essays in the Conclave which is to be tentatively held around second week of November, 2023 at NUJS Kolkata.
Application Of Basic Structure Doctrine To Contemporary Issues
- Scope of Judicial Review
- Powers of Promulgating Ordinances
The Competition shall be open to all three-year LL.B. courses, five-year LL.B. courses, LL.M. courses from recognised Universities and Colleges.
Last date of registration
24th May 2023
CLICK HERE to fill the registration form. Only the registered candidates shall be eligible for submission of the essay.
The registration is free of cost
Deadline for submission
31st July 2023
- Winner: 75,000 INR
- Runners up: 50,000 INR
- 2nd Runner up: 25,000 INR
Submission & Formatting Guidelines
- Word Limit: 6,000-8,000 words. All word limits are exclusive of footnotes. The word limit shall be strictly followed.
- Referencing and citations must be in conformity with the NUJS Law Review Citation and Style Standard. Submissions must necessarily contain an abstract of not more than 200 words.
- Co-authoring of papers among individuals of the same or different institutions is permissible. A maximum of one co-author is allowed. All the entries has to be submitted via email to [email protected].
- No other mode of submission shall be allowed. Further, no re-submission shall be allowed. The deadline for submission is July 31, 2023.
- All the entries will be blind coded for the purpose of review.
- The submission must be word-processed and in Times New Roman.
- The main text should be in font size 12 and footnotes in font size 10.
- A one line gap must be maintained between all paragraphs and headings.
- All paragraphs must begin with a one-inch indent.
- All hyperlinks must be in black colour and must not be underlined.
- The NUJS Law Review Citation Standard must be followed while footnoting. You can access the NUJS Law Review Citation Standard here: https://bit.ly/CitationStandard
Conditions of Publication:
- Exclusive Submission Policy: All submissions should be original and should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication.
- Indemnity for Liability: Submissions are accepted for publication on the condition that they do not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third parties and that the work does not contain any obscene, offensive, defamatory, or racially prejudiced material. All submissions will be checked for plagiarism by the Editorial Board. Infringing, offensive or plagiarised submissions will be liable for rejection.
- Copyright Policy: As a condition of publication, the authors grant The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, an irrevocable, transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to reproduce, publish and distribute their submission(s) in all media including but not limited to print and any electronic services. The licence is granted for the duration of the subsistence of the copyright including any extensions and/or renewals
For Detailed Guidelines and Brochure Click Here!
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.