Table of Contents
About the Organizer
Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani – Goa Campus is one of the four constituent campuses of the BITS Pilani located in Goa, India. It was established in 2004 as an Institute of excellence in technology and sciences.
Maharashtra National Law University , Mumbai (MNLU , Mumbai or NLU , Mumbai ) is a National Law University located at Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It is ranked one among the Top 10 law College / NLUs in India.
About the Competition
Lex Omnia Moot Court Competition, 2023 is presented by the Waves, BITS Pilani Goa and Moot Court Society, Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai.
- Date: October 27-29, 2023.
- Mode: Offline
- All students enrolled bona fide in an undergraduate of Law i.e., 3 years/ 5 years from any college or university shall be eligible for participation in the competition.
- Cross-institutional teams are allowed in the competition.
- The maximum number of participants in a team shall be 3. The composition of a team shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher.
- Each team is required to prepare Memorials (written submissions) for both the sides i.e., the Claimant and the Respondent.
- The memorials shall contain the following:
- Cover page
- Table of Contents
- Index of Authorities
- Statement of jurisdiction
- Statement of Facts (not exceeding one page)
- Statement of Issues
- Summary of Arguments
- Arguments Advanced
- Prayer (not exceeding one page)
- No memorial shall exceed the maximum limit of 40 pages including the arguments advanced which shall not exceed 20 pages.
- Every Memorandum shall go through a plagiarism check via the Organising Committee’s plagiarism software. Any memorandum, the plagiarism for which extends beyond 15% shall lead to disqualification from further evaluation.
- Typed on Standard A4 Size Paper.
- Font Type (including footnotes): Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12
- Spacing: 1.5
- Font Size for footnotes: 10
- Spacing for footnotes: 1.0
- Margin: 1-inch margin on each side of the A4 Size page
- The citations shall comply with Bluebook method of citation – 20th Edition
- The footnotes shall include only relevant citations and any other information supporting the arguments shall not be included.
- The colour scheme of the cover page for the Respondent/Defendent memorial shall be
RED and for the Claimant/Petitioner/Claimant memorial shall be BLUE.
- The Memorials shall not contain any annexure, photographs, graphs, diagrams or any
other representation of the like nature.
How to submit?
- The teams are required to duly complete the registration by a date and time that will be
notified soon, by filling out the google form attached at the end of the post.
- After the registration, the teams are required to confirm their registration by Paying the
registration fees, the details of which will be shared by mail later.
- The soft copy of each memorial (in pdf format), shall be sent through e-mail before October 7, 2023 to [email protected].
BITS Goa Campus
In case of queries, please contact:
- Nardeep Chawla: +91 62650 12280 or [email protected]
- Khooshi Mukhi: +91 7045452065 or [email protected]
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.