The Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) Madhya Pradesh Chapter is delighted to announce the official launch of the ‘IDIA-NLIU Law Review Essay Writing Competition’. The competition is being organised in collaboration with NLIU Law Review and is sponsored by S&R Associates.
Table of Contents
About the Competition
The “IDIA-NLIU Law Review Essay Writing Competition” offers a platform for legal scholars to address contemporary legal issues and contribute to social empowerment. Organized by IDIA MP Chapter and NLIU Law Review, the competition is sponsored by S&R Associates. The competition aims to promote diversity in thought and intellectual discourse, with the opportunity to contribute to IDIA’s vision. Further, the Competition offers more than just monetary incentives, with the NLIU Law Review providing a platform for legal enlightenment and academic discourse.
About the Organisers
Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access (IDIA), is a non-profit organisation that aims to empower underprivileged and marginalized children by giving them access to quality legal education, in a bid to enhance the diversity in law schools across India. To this end, IDIA sensitizes students from across the country to Law as a career option, selects underprivileged and marginalized students with an aptitude for law, trains them, and provides scholarships to the students on gaining admission to law schools. Conceptualized in 2010 as the brainchild of Late Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer, IDIA has since expanded to over 1000 volunteers across 20+ states.
The IDIA MP Chapter is run by the students of National Law Institute University, Bhopal. With over 70 volunteers IDIA MP has been proactive in training the students for the law entrance exams, organizing fundraising events, and conducting sensitizations across the state of MP thereby reaffirming IDIA’s commitment to social responsibility and promoting access to legal education.
NLIU Law Review
The NLIU Law Review is the flagship journal of the National Law Institute University, Bhopal. It is a peer- reviewed academic law journal, published biannually by the students of the University which aims to inculcate a culture of academic research and writing among students, and serve as an important forum for discourse on contemporary and pressing legal issues. As of the year 2023, the Law Review has completed thirteen successful years, with twenty-one editions in publication.
About our Sponsor
S&R Associates is a leading law firm with offices in New Delhi and Mumbai, providing legal services to both domestic and international clients. Their lawyers have advised on some of the most significant transactions and matters in recent times. The quality of their legal advice and services has made them the law firm of choice for their clients. The firm has also been recognised by various industry publications, surveys, and rankings.
Lawyers in each of their practice areas have routinely been recognized as leading lawyers in India by Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, IFLR1000, Legal500, and the RSG India Report.
The principal objective of the competition is to provide the budding minds of the legal fraternity an opportunity to inculcate academic research and writing.
This competition is a fundraiser; the contribution made by the participants will be used for the purpose of funding the legal education of students from underprivileged and marginalised communities.
Themes and sub-themes
- Changing Avenues In Insolvency And Bankruptcy Laws
- Treatment of Statutory Debt Under the IBC
- Insolvency Resolution Mechanism for Real Estate Sector
- Cross Border Insolvency: Prospects and Challenges
- Intersection of ESG and Insolvency in India.
- Competition Law And Policy
- Interplay between IPR and Competition Law
- Aftermath of the Competition (Amendment) Act, 2023
- Competition Law and Its Impact on Startups in India.
- Recent Trends In Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions
- Interplay Between Corporate M&A and IPR Laws
- Corporate M&A and Digital Economy
- Taxation Aspects Pertaining to Corporate M&A
- Emerging Dimensions of Corporate Sustainability and Governance.
- Discourse On Dispute Resolution
- Arbitrability of Subject Matter
- Impleadment of Third Parties in Arbitration
- Emergency Arbitration and Interim Measures.
(the sub-themes are suggestive, not mandatory)
- Students currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3- year LL.B. course or 5 year LL.B. course or professionals working in the field of law are eligible to participate.
- Individual participation as well as co-authorship (upto two authors) is allowed.
- Registrations Open: 30th October 2023
- Last date to submit registration fee : 7th December 2023
- Last date for submission of manuscripts : 23th December 2023
- Declaration of Result: 15th April 2024
- Cash prize of INR 25,000/- along with an internship with S&R Associates (for Law Students) and publication of the manuscript in Volume XIII Issue II of the NLIU Law Review.
- 1st Runners-up
- Cash prize of INR 20,000/- and publication of the manuscript in Volume XIII Issue II of the NLIU Law Review, subject to compliance with submission guidelines.
- 2nd Runners-up
- Cash prize of INR 15,000/- and publication of the manuscript in Volume XIII Issue II of the NLIU Law Review, subject to compliance with submission guidelines.
- Certificate of Merit shall be awarded to the Top 10 manuscripts.
- All participants shall be presented with the Certificate of Participation.
- Fees for single authored entries: ₹ 300/-
- Fees for co-authored entries: ₹ 500/-
Note – maximum 2 authors are allowed for co-authored entries
Brochure and Details
In case of queries, feel free to reach out to:
- Piyush Soni: (Team Leader, IDIA MP Chapter): 6261560490
- Siddharth Sisodia: (Co-Team Leader, IDIA MP Chapter): 7879506667
- Akshat Shukla: (Editor-in-chief, NLIU Law Review): 7987085907
- Pooja V: (Deputy Editor-in-chief, NLIU Law Review): 6369468075
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.