Table of Contents
GNLU is a statutory University established by the Government of Gujarat through the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003. GNLU is recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and the University Grants Commission (UGC). GNLU is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU); the United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI); and, the International Association of Law Schools (IALS).
GNLU offers interdisciplinary legal courses in five faculties namely, BA LLB, BCOM LLB, BSC LLB, BSW LLB, and BBA LLB; one post-graduate program namely, LLM as well as doctoral programs in law and interdisciplinary fields. GNLU also offers Ph.D. in Economics. This course is offered with an interdisciplinary study of law.
About the Centre
The Centre for Law & Economics (CLE) is a center of excellence for research and training in the discipline of Law & Economics (also referred to as the Economic Analysis of Law). The Centre values rigorous work in the discipline and aims to promote awareness of and research in the field. It carries out courses and conferences for scholars, practitioners, and students apart from publications on the economic analysis of contemporary legal issues.
It aims to produce quality prescriptions for legislators, regulators, and government departments and provide clear explanations and guidance to businesses and ordinary citizens alike.
About the Workshop
Economics lets one examine the choices made, given the various constraints they have. As the constraints change, behavior changes as well. Be it Legislature, Executive, or Judiciary, any decision-making body as well gives considerable attention to impact analysis through economic tools. It becomes pertinent to read Law and Economics, wherein economic tools are used to better understand the law and find its efficiency and working.
It permits the greater use of economics to examine the law in addition to recognizing the importance of law to an analysis of the economy. Keeping the objective in mind, the workshop will aim at providing insight to learners regarding the application of the economic approach in the legal arena by touching upon key areas of law i.e., Constitutional law and Criminal Law.
Aim of the Workshop
The purpose of this workshop will be to provide participants with an understanding of two key arenas of the legal field using the tools of economic analysis. It will only help them explore the legal areas through an outlook focusing upon the greatest good to respective stakeholders. It will also help them to identify limitations and functions and solutions to improve the quality of respective legal fields.
The workshop comprises 4 days on an online medium using the Cisco WebEx meetings platform starting from 2nd August 2023 and continuing from 8th to 10th August 2023. The registered participants will be provided with the meeting link and other necessary details. The workshop will comprise 4 sessions of two and a half hours each and will begin from 6 pm to 8.30 PM.
Who may Participate?
- Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Economics
- Research Scholars pursuing Ph.D. in the interdisciplinary study of Law and Economics
- Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Statistics
- Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Public Policy
- Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Development Studies
- Students pursuing Five-Year/Three-year LLB Discipline
- Students pursuing One-Year/Two-Year LLM Discipline
- Academicians teaching and researching in the interdisciplinary study of law and economics. – Professionals working in Banking, Finance, or Economics field.
This is not an exhaustive list. Students, Researchers, Academicians, and Professionals who have an avid interest in the interdisciplinary study of Law and Economics are welcome to be part of the Workshop too.
How to Register?
Interested applicants may register through the link provided at the end of the post.
Note: Registrations are limited to 60 participants on a first come first serve basis.
Fees for Academy
- GNLU Participants – 1000/- (INR)
- External Participants – 2000/- (INR) Incl. GST.
- Fee payment: Click here [Not for Foreign Participants]
- Foreign Participants – 50 (USD).
Note: **Foreign Nationals are required to make payment via HDFC Bank and their participation shall be subject to approval by Indian authorities.
Bank Details [For Foreigners Only]
- Name of the beneficiary: Gujarat National Law University
- Address of beneficiary: Attalika Avenue Knowledge Corridor, Koba, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India-382426
- Name of the Bank: HDFC Bank Ltd.
- Bank Branch (Full Address): G – 2, Ground Floor, Super Mall -II, Infocity, Gandhinagar – 382 009
- Bank Account Number: 4971450000146
- Beneficiary Bank’s SWIFT Code: HDFCINBB
Certificates of Participation will be provided upon the successful completion of the workshop.
July 21, 2023
In case of any queries, please write to [email protected] or contact:
- Khyati Maurya [Co-Coordinator]: 8004450406
- Abhimanyu Vyas [Co-Coordinator]: 7433017280
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.