Table of Contents
The Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice is a student-run academic society that is affiliated with the School of Criminal Justice at The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, which is one of the premier institutes for legal education in this country.
The Society allows future lawyers and lawmakers an opportunity to develop a deeper and more holistic understanding of the criminal justice system and the afflictions that plague it, so as to allow remedial measures to be taken and mitigation mechanisms to be developed.
About the Competition
The Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice at the National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata is organizing its annual essay competition with the objective of fostering academic discourse on contemporary and emerging issues in the field of criminal law.
The Competition is open to all students pursuing undergraduate (three/five year) or postgraduate law degrees from any law school/university/college recognized by the Bar Council of India.
Recent Developments in Marital Rape Jurisprudence
Students/Research Scholars enrolled in any UG/PG/Ph.D. course in an Indian University are eligible to apply.
- Font: Time News Roman
- Font Size: 12
- Spacing: 1.5
- Margin: One inch on all sides
- Paper size: A4
- Word Limit (excluding footnotes, kindly avoid using speaking footnotes):
- Minimum Word Limit: 2500 Words
- Maximum Word Limit: 3000 Words
- Citation style: NUJS Law Review Standard
- Citation Font: Times New Roman
- Citation Font Size: 10
- Spacing: 1.0
- The authors will have to provide a 250-word abstract detailing their approach to writing the essay.
- The essays are to be submitted to the Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice at [email protected] only.
- Submissions made elsewhere will be automatically rejected.
- The submissions are to be made only in PDF or DOCX format.
- All submissions will undergo a strict online plagiarism check.
- The upper limit of the Similarity Index stands at 15%.
- Special consideration will be placed on the originality, applicability, and feasibility of the arguments and suggestions made in the essay, as well as the depth of the research.
- The copyright in the legislative draft submitted by the participating teams shall vest with the Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice.
- The Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice shall not be responsible for any liability accrued to any person or for any loss caused to any person because of the content of the essay submitted.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Office Bearers of the Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice and the National University of Juridical Sciences will be final.
Winners shall be awarded the following:
- Cash Prizes and an opportunity to work as a contributor for the SACJ Newsletter Team for the Top 3 Authors (Subject to Selection and Review Process)
- The top 5 entries shall be published in the SACJ Criminal Law Blog (Subject to Selection and Review Process).
- The top 10 entries shall get a Certificate of Merit for their work.
- Rupees 250 for Single Authorship
- Rupees 400 for Co-Authorship (of upto 2 Authors only)
- Arnav Laroia: (6260535576)
- UPI ID: 6260535576@paytm
- Ria Garg: (9999806615)
- UPI ID: 9999806615@paytm
- Md. Faraz Ali: (8972867916)
- UPI ID: thefarazali7@oksbi
Last Date for Registrations – September 01, 2023
Last Date for Submissions – September 30, 2023
How to register?
Interested candidates may register through the link provided at the end.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.