The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences is an elite National Law University located in Bidhannagar, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
About the Competition
Essay Competition in association with the Dialogue on Online Gaming Regulation in India. The NUJS Intellectual Property and Technology Law Society is proud to announce an essay writing competition in collaboration with The Dialogue.
NUJS IPTLS works to promote the study of Intellectual Property law amongst the students of our university and amongst students of law in the country. The Dialogue is a research-driven think-tank working on the intersection of technology, society, and public policy. By facilitating informed policy debates at various levels, it aims to drive a progressive narrative in India’s policy discourse.
With the user base of online games growing in India, the need has been felt to ensure that such games be offered in conformity with Indian laws and that the users of such games be safeguarded against potential harm.
This essay competition revolves around the broad theme of online gaming laws and comes at a time of the Indian Government releasing the draft amendments to the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021.
- Students/research scholars enrolled in any UG/PG/Ph.D. course from any Indian university are eligible to participate in the competition.
- College students and recent graduates up to two years.
Online Gaming Regulation in India
How to Register?
Interested candidates may register for the competition through the link provided towards the end of this post.
Awards and Rewards
- Expert Comments: The winning entries will be selected and commented upon by the leading cognoscenti in the field of law and technology. This will include judges, eminent lawyers, public policy experts and academicians from all over the globe.
- Cash Prizes: The first, second and third entries will be awarded a cash prize of INR 25,000, 15,000 and 10,000 respectively.
- Certificate of Merit: Top ten essays will also be awarded a certificate of merit.
- The winning entries will also be published on the NUJS IPTLS blog.
- Last date for registration: March 30, 2023
- Last date for submission: April 30, 2023
In case of any queries, please contact [email protected]
Click here to Register!
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.