Table of Contents
The Economic and Political Weekly, published from Mumbai by the Sameeksha Trust, a registered charitable trust, is a social science journal weekly peer-reviewed academic journal.
Where other reputed journals publish either only comments on contemporary affairs or research papers, EPW is unique in that every week it publishes analysis of contemporary affairs side by side with academic papers in the social sciences.
Call for Papers
To encourage research and writing on questions of law and jurisprudence, and their impact on society and politics, Economic and Political Weekly invites submissions from young researchers, students, and lawyers for the Law and Society column to be published in the months of May, June, and July.
Scope of submission
An original, unpublished essay that relates to lawmaking, working of judicial institutions, impact of laws on different sections of society, critical analysis of laws or judgments, or similar themes.
Word Limit: Between 1,500 and 2,000 words (inclusive of references in EPW style).
Any person aged between 18 and 35—whether a student, researcher or professional. Preference will be given to entries by applicants from marginalised backgrounds.
- The topic need not necessarily relate to India or Indian laws, but preference will be given to those that do.
- Preference will be given to topics that cover contemporary issues in law and society.
- The essay must have a core argument to make about the topic in question.
- Refrain from direct quotes of judgments and laws, and paraphrase where possible.
- Please mention your full name, age, educational qualifications, and current institutional affiliation (if any) in the email.
- All entries must be accompanied by an undertaking that the essay has not been submitted to any other journal for publication in any other form.
- Send in your entries by May 1, 2023 to [email protected] in Microsoft Word format with the email subject being “Law and Society column submission”.
- Successful applicants will be notified by EPW one week before the first publication is released in May. The decision of the editorial board of EPW will be final.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.