Table of Contents
About KIIT School of Law
KIIT School of Law was established by KIIT Deemed to be University in the year 2007 to meet the growing demand for legal professionals in the wake of globalization and the rapid expansion of India’s
About Ministry of Corporate Affairs
The Ministry is primarily concerned with the administration of the Companies Act 2013, the Companies Act 1956, the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 & other allied Acts and rules & regulations framed there-under mainly for regulating the functioning of the corporate sector in accordance with the law.
About the Conference
This conference is envisioned by the KIIT School of Law in collaboration with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India to promote empirical and qualitative research on the leniency program designed to combat cartelisation in India and around the world.
The Conference shall provide a forum for discussion amongst practitioners, academicians and researchers to deliberate on the nuances and challenges surmounting the leniency program in India and submit their recommendations to the Ministry to formulate robust regulations for the leniency program.
Further, the proceedings of the conference will be published in a special edition of the KIIT Journal of Law and Society. Members of NICE (Network of Indian Competition Experts) and CWG (Cartel Working Group) along with practitioners will be the Conference Chairs to promote high-quality discussions on the themes.
Sub Themes of the Conference
- Hard Core Cartels
- Hub and Spoke Cartels
- Cartels in digital markets
- Crisis Cartels
- Leniency Programme
- Leniency Plus
- Penalty Plus
- Competition Law and Artificial Intelligence
- Competition Law and Intellectual Property Law
About Call for Papers
Legal practitioners, academicians, policymakers, researchers, and students are invited to submit original,
unpublished manuscripts, along with an abstract, for presentation at the Conference. Select papers will
be published in the Special Edition of KIIT Journal of Law and Society [Volume XIII] (ISSN: 2231-
5144), the double-blind peer-review flagship journal of KIIT School of Law which will be published in 2023. The authors whose papers are published will each receive a hard copy of the Journal in paperback.
- Long Articles: Between 5000 to 7000 words exclusive of footnotes. Papers in this category are expected to engage with the theme comprehensively and offer an innovative reassessment of the current understanding of that theme. Co-authorship unto two authors is permitted.
- Short Articles: Between 3000 to 5000 words exclusive of footnotes. Papers in this category are usually meant to deal with a very specific issue, and make a more easily identifiable, concrete argument. Co-authorship unto two authors is permitted.
- Case Comments: Between 2500-4000 words exclusive of footnotes. These should include interpretation of any landmark judicial pronouncement related to Competition Law.
- Book reviews: Between 1200 and 1500 words. These are critical analyses of a book pertaining to Competition Law. All the book reviews must embody an assessment of ideas promoted by the author of the book from the point of view of originality, the extent of analysis and quality.
- The submissions shall be in English language only and the similarity index should not be above 15% after utilizing the necessary filters.
- The manuscript should be accompanied by a cover letter specifying the author(s)’s name, designation, institute, contact number, and email for future reference.
- All articles and short articles must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- The word limits are exclusive of footnotes and only footnotes are to be used and no endnotes or bibliography. The Harvard Bluebook, 20th edition is the style which is to be strictly adhered to for citations.
- Subheadings will be formatted in Normal with case size 12 in Times New Roman & Bold. The body of the writing will be formatted in Normal with case size 12 in Times New Roman and footnotes with case size 9 in Times New Roman.
- Co-authorship is permissible up to a maximum of two. The submissions will undergo a double-blind peer-review process; therefore, the author/s shall not disclose their identities anywhere in the body of the manuscript.
- The Author(s) shall have to send a Declaration that the work has not been published anywhere else and has not been submitted for publication elsewhere. For any issues arising in contravention to such declaration, the KIIT Journal of Law and Society, and Editorial Board shall not be liable.
- The author shall be personally liable for his or her actions or omissions. The declaration should be a scanned document in PDF or Image (jpg or jpeg) formats containing the above-mentioned declaration.
- The submission shall also contain a separate Cover Letter as an attachment enumerating the
- Name of the author(s); Address of the author(s); Phone Numbers of the author(s); Title of the manuscript; Submission Category — (Example Article/ Short Article/ Book Review); Name of the institution; Year of study (in case of a student)/ Designation (in other cases); Email address(s).
- Registration fee for students – Rs 500 per person
- Registration fee for academicians – Rs 1000 per person
- Registration fee for Practitioners – Rs 1000 per person
- Participants shall be provided with Conference Kit and hospitality, excluding accommodation, for both days. For select participants, in-campus accommodation may be provided on additional payment.
- Payment Details:
- Name as in Bank Account: KIIT UNIVERSITY
- Bank Name: CANARA BANK
- Bank Account Number: 4915101003256
- Account type: Savings/Current: SAVING
- Branch name: KIIT CAMPUS BRANCH
- IFSC Code: CNRB0004915
- Submission of Abstract – 24 January 2023
- Confirmation of Abstract Selection: 26 January 2023
- Submission of Paper: 24 February 2023
- Confirmation of Paper Selection – 28 February 2023
- Conference Dates – 11 and 12 March 2023
For any queries related to the Conference, you may reach out to: [email protected]
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.