Table of Contents
About Manipal Law School
Manipal Law School (MLS) is a constituent Institute of Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), (Institution of Eminence Deemed to be University), Bengaluru. The MAHE, Bengaluru is an Off-Campus Center of MAHE, Manipal (Institution of Eminence Deemed to be University) ranked 7th in NIRF Ranking, and NAAC accredited with A++ grade. The Manipal Law School is approved by the Bar Council of India. MLS fosters a holistic academic environment in a state-of-art infrastructure enabling students to have inclusive access to progressive, adaptive, and innovative legal education.
Construction Law And Contract Management
This course would upskill you with best international practices and will provide practical tips to handle various challenges faced during the life cycle of projects. Suitable for legal professionals, construction engineers (Any discipline), cost engineers/quantity surveyors, scheduling/planning engineers, design engineers, , auditors and construction finance professionals and project managers.
The course shall be conducted online. Virtual instructor led tutoring/training; this training would be provided by senior management professionals who are practicing in the construction industry for over 30 years in India and abroad. MLS is collaborating with an international contract management consultancy to develop and deliver the program as their Knowledge Partner (C Cubed consultants limited).
- For Indian Students: Application fee: Rs. 600 (for all courses), Entrance Test fee: Rs. 1400 (for selected courses only)
- Foreign / NRI / NRI Sponsored category: Application Fee: Rs. 2500
Quiz on each topic (weekly), 2 case study submissions one after 4 weeks and another at the end of the course.
- The cohort would be able to use the knowledge gained during the course simultaneously on their professional work
- Discounts for the future courses launched by the Law School.
- Certificate would be issued with assessment grade; Will count for 32 hours of CPD hours
- Career advancement
- Inter disciplinary knowledge gain
- Limited participants to ensure good interaction with tutors
- Module 1: Principles of Contract & Introduction to Construction law
- Module 2: Procurement of Construction Contracts & Cost planning
- Module 3: Contract Administration (Employer Perspective and Contractor’s preparedness)
- Module 4: Time elements of the Contract
- Module 5; Change Management, Cost Control and Cost Reporting
- Module 6: Project risk management
- Module 7: Termination of contracts
- Module 8: Construction claims and dispute resolution plus
- Module 9: International Construction Law
Phil Simons is a and Chartered Quantity Surveyor, Chartered Arbitrator and Construction law specialist having circa 50 years of professional experience in the roles of Chief Commercial Officer, Commercial director with leading Contractors in the United Kingdom and UAE. Phil has commenced his professional career with JAMES R KNOWLES & ASSOCIATES – Manchester, UK, the pioneer of developing construction claims as a distinct profession (Now HKA) and had the responsibility to oversee the opening and development of the first London office at Covent Garden during circa 1980. He has been mentoring and training construction and quantity surveying professionals and was part time lecturer at Manchester University (formally UMIST).
Trainer’s Profile: Prof. R. Venkat, Professor of Practice– Law, Manipal law school, 38 years (Out of which 32 years in the Middle East) of professional experience in the Construction contracts in all aspects including design, project management, estimation, contract administration and dispute resolution. He has interdisciplinary qualifications in Engineering, Construction law and Cost and Management Accountancy. Venkat is an international trainer having conducted several workshops/events all over GCC countries, Far East and India. He designs training programs and educational courses to upskill the professionals based on the market requirements and advancements in the industry. In addition to the above, there will be 5 other senior industry professionals will be tutoring different modules. See the flyer for trainer’s details.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.