Table of Contents
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), located in Gujarat, India, was established by the Government of Gujarat under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003 and is recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and University Grants Commission (UGC). GNLU is a comprehensive, student-centric, multidisciplinary and research-focused University, dedicated to building an environment enabling critical thinking on fundamental legal issues. GNLU has also been awarded “A” Grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The Gujarat National Law University is a public law school and a National Law University established under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003.
About the Centre
The V.S. Mani Centre For Air And Space Law (VSMCASL) was established in 2019 to engage, in various ways, in shaping the emerging discourse in the field of Air and Space Law. The vision of the Centre is to engage in improving the existing legal and policy framework for the facilitation and regulation of safe, secure, affordable and sustainable aviation and to contribute to the shaping of the legal foundation for the future of humanity that lies in space.
About Prof. (Dr.) V.S. Mani
Prof. (Dr.) V. S. Mani was an Indian legal scholar. He was the founder and Director of Gujarat National Law University and an expert in the field of public international law. He did his M. A. in Political Science, Public Administration, & International Law and held a degree of Ph. D. in International Law from JNU, New Delhi. He was also the recipient of three distinguished scholarships and fellowships i.e., Orissa Govt. Doctoral Scholarship 1966-69; Rockefeller Foundation Special Overseas Fellow at British Institute of International & Comparative Law (BIICL), London 1969-70 and British Institute of International and Comparative Law support for attendance at Summer Course at The Hague Academy of International Law, 1970.
About the Event
The V.S. Mani Centre for Air and Space Law (VSMCASL), Gujarat National Law University along with the support of the generous grant from Prof. Stephan Hobe, Institute of Air Law, Space Law and Cyber Law, University of Cologne, Germany is launching their 5th Prof. V.S. Mani Memorial National Essay Competition 2023. The GNLU Essay Competition is an endeavour to commemorate the inspiring contribution of Prof. (Dr.) V.S. Mani in the field of international law, particularly air and space law.
The essay should focus on any contemporary issue of Air & Space Law
To encourage and provide opportunities for research to the students who have a passion for Air and Space Law.
The competition is open to students pursuing UG/PG (Law) in India. The students shall register by filling the online form.
CLICK HERE to register.
Last date of submission
20th, November, 2023
- Submissions shall be in English.
- Submissions need to be original. Plagiarism shall result in disqualification.
- Topic once registered shall not be changed.
- Co-authorship is permitted up to a maximum of two authors.
- Name, affiliation of author/co-author shall be attached separately in mail while
- Submission and not in any manner as part of essay. Any identification mark (in any form) in the essay shall lead to disqualification.
- Multiple or incomplete submissions shall not be considered.
- Word limit: Min 4000 to Max 6000 words (excluding references). Submission below or above the word limit shall not be considered.
- Citation style: OSCOLA (4 th Edition).
- Font: Times New Roman; Font size-12; Spacing- 1.5.
- Any contribution received after the last date shall not be considered.
- Submit your text as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Essays submitted shall neither be published previously nor be under consideration forpublication.
- Selection will be done through two-tier blind review. The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final.
- Essays will be evaluated on the following criteria: depth of analysis, cogency of arguments, structure, feasibility of suggestions, language and references in support.
- By way of submission, authors of the essays which are awarded prize money and certificates of merit, agree that Copyright therein shall vest in VSMCASL
All submissions are to be electronically mailed only to [email protected]
Date of the Award
31 November 2023
- 1st Prize: INR 11,000/-
- 2nd Prize: INR 10,000/-
- 3rd Prize: INR 9,000/-
- 1st Consolation Prize: INR 3,000/-
- 2nd Consolation Prize: INR 2,000/-
- All the participants who successfully submit the essay before 20th November 2023 shall be eligible to receive an e-Certificate of Appreciation.
For any query, email at: [email protected]
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.