Table of Contents
The National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA) has been established by the Government of Assam by way of enactment of the National Law School and Judicial Academy, Assam Act, 2009 (Assam Act No. XXV of 2009). The word ‘School’ was replaced by the word ‘University’ by amending the National Law School and Judicial Academy, Assam (Amendment) Act, 2011. The Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court Hon’ble Mr. Justice Sandeep Mehta is the Chancellor of the University.
THE MOOT COURT COMMITTEE
The Moot Court Committee of the institute is shouldered with the responsibility of molding the abilities of the students and boosting their knowledge in the legal spectrum. The committee actively takes part in organizing various such competitions with great zeal in order to provide the students with a platform to hone their skills, such as communication, drafting, researching, and the like which are essentials for any aspiring candidate choosing to move forward in the field of law. The committee is looking forward to creating a thrilling and educated professional environment to provide the students with the required exposure to have hands-on experience at understanding and legally approaching the issues arising in the modern-day society.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The competition is organized in memory of our beloved Founder- Vice Chancellor, Late Prof (Dr.) Gurjeet Singh who left for his heavenly abode on the 1st of April, 2017, out of indebtedness for his contribution and to symbolically immortalize his legacy in the annals of the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam.
We are delighted to organize this competition in collaboration with, The Chambers of Abhinav Mishra, Advocates, and Solicitors, established in 2018, which is the most prominent litigation chambers dealing with matters ranging from Corporate Compliances, Insolvency & Bankruptcy, Mergers & Acquisitions, Company Law to Real Estate and Civil Litigations.
The moot problem for this edition is based on constitutional principles vis-à-vis telecom laws and allied aspects. It is drafted under the aegis of Rahul Unnikrishnan and Gayatri T, Advocates (Madras High Court) in association with the learned team of Chambers of Abhinav Mishra. The Competition is open to all students, enrolled bona-fide on a regular basis in an undergraduate law course conducted by any recognized Institution/College/University.
ABOUT THE COLLABORATORS
We are delighted to organize this competition in collaboration with, The Chambers of Abhinav Mishra, Advocates and Solicitors, established in 2018, which is the most prominent litigation chambers dealing with matters ranging from Corporate Compliances, Insolvency & Bankruptcy, Mergers & Acquisitions, Company Law to Real Estate and Civil Litigations.
- Last date of Registration for the Competition – 28th April, 2023. (any changes in the same will be duly communicated)
- Last date for Memorial Submission – 13th May, 2023.
MODE OF THE COMPETITION
- The mode shall be physical/offline mode.
OFFICIAL INVITATION, RULEBOOK, AND MOOT PROPOSITION
- The Drive Link to the Moot Proposition, Brochure and the Rulebook:
- A maximum of 30 teams will be allowed to participate in the competition. Slots for participating in the competition will be filled on a basis of ‘First Come, First Serve Only’.
- Registration Form Link – https://forms.gle/LtZmGbQvJvgjvBsv8
- The registration fee must be paid to the following account with the account details:
Name of the Beneficiary: National Law University and Judicial Academy Assam,
Grants In Aid
Bank Name: State Bank of India
Branch Name: ICD Amingaon Branch, Hajo Road, Guwahati-781031
Account No: 32432292915
IFSC Code: SBIN 000 9201
Provisional registration, in case the team composition has not been determined, may be done by sending an email confirming participation. Kindly direct all correspondence related to the competition to [email protected].
PRIZES AND AWARDS
The rewards for the participants stands as follows-
- Best Team Award: Cash prize of INR 40,000/-
- Runners-Up Team Award: Cash prize of INR 30,000/-
- The Best Memorial Award: Cash prize of INR 20,000/-.
- The Best Speaker Award: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-.
- The Best Researcher Award: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-.
Additionally, the participants will be awarded with a Certificate of Participation.
For any query, you may kindly send your mail correspondence to [email protected]. or contact us on the below-mentioned numbers –
- Dr. Shailendra Kumar (Faculty Coordinator) – +919831392831
- Devanshi Srivastava (Convenor, Moot Court Committee) – +918953922746
- Vedant Sinha – +916290662429
- Sanskaar Pandey – +917905680227
- Akansha Sharma- +919678766040
- Kritisha Bora – +918638097782
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.