Table of Contents
About NMIMS Hyderabad
Established in 2019 by NMIMS University, NMIMS School of Law Hyderabad offers outstanding legal education to inculcate a wide range of legal skills useful for the legal profession including the corporate level.
About the Moot
Moot Court Society, School of Law, NMIMS Hyderabad in association with S.S. Rana & Co., Pahuja Law Academy and Asia Law House, Hyderabad is organising a virtual moot court competition from April 7 to 9.
- All students enrolled bona fide in an undergraduate i.e., 3 years/ 5 years or post-graduate law program conducted by any college or university shall be eligible for participation in the competition.
- Only 2 teams may register from a single institution.
- Each team shall comprise of minimum two members and maximum of three members. wherein two members shall be designated as speakers and one as a researcher (optional).
- Each team will be given a unique team code number after the registration, which will thereafter be the team’s identity and its members’ identity.
- In the case of a three-member team, there shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher in the team.
- In the case of a two-member team, there shall be two speakers.
- The team consisting of two speakers has to mention in the registration form who will be the researcher among them.
- The teams shall identify the speakers and researchers in the registration form.
- The teams shall not disclose their identity whatsoever, except in the registration form. Such disclosure shall result in disqualification subject to the discretion of the Organizers.
- There will be no substitution of team members after a team has submitted its registration form, except with the permission of the organizers.
- Teams are supposed to complete their Registration by March 15, 2023 at 11:59 PM. Early Bird Registrations are open until February 28, 2023 at 11:59 PM.
- The Registration Fee for early bird registrations is Rs. 2000. Post early bird registration the Fee is Rs 3000.
- Upon Payment, the teams must attach a screenshot of the invoice and upload the same on the form as required.
- The Registration shall be deemed complete only when the Registration fee has been remitted successfully and the Application form is duly filled.
- Once the application form is filled, the Organizing Committee (OC) shall send a confirmation mail to the teams, which shall consist of their Team Code and an app link through which they will be connecting for video conferencing.
- The teams shall quote this Team Code in all further communications with the OC. Fee once paid is non-refundable.
- Once the registration fee is received by the organizers, it will not be refunded in any circumstances.
- Account Details:
- Account Holder Name- SVKM’S NMIMS
- Bank – KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK
- Branch- JUHU VILE PARLE WEST
- Account Number – 2311578254
- IFSC Code – KKBK0000661
Every round would be conducted via the Online Meetings Application (The links and the schedule of the meeting rooms shall be provided via mail after the submission of memorials)
- Release of Notification: February 18, 2023
- Release of the moot proposition: February, 18 2023
- Last Date to register: March 15, 2023
- Last day for Clarifications: March 19, 2023
- Last Date of Memorial submission: March 28, 2023
- Drawing Lots: April 6, 2023
- Inauguration: April 7, 2023
- Preliminary Round 1: April 7, 2023
- Preliminary Round 2: April 7, 2023
- Quarter Finals: April 8, 2023
- Semi-Finals: April 9, 2023
- Final: April 9, 2023
- Valedictory: April 9, 2023
- Best Team: Shall be given the Certificate of Merit along with a cash prize of INR 25,000/- + Internship opportunity at S.S Rana& Co
- Runner-Up Team: Shall be given the Certificate of Merit along with a cash prize of INR 10,000/- + Internship opportunity at S.S Rana& Co
- Best Mooter: The speaker having the highest score in the preliminary rounds shall be given a cash prize of INR 5,000/
- Best Memorial: The team has the highest average written submission score from both sides shall be given a cash prize of INR 5,000/-
- Certificates of Merit shall be given to all the teams qualifying for Semi-finals and beyond.
- Certificates of Appreciation shall be given to all the teams qualifying for Quarter-final round
- Certificates of Participation shall be given to all the participating teams.
- Ms. Lasya Chukka, Convener, Moot Court Society, School of law, NMIMS Hyderabad, ph. +91-8328056549
- Ms. Nikita Sikarwar, Co-Convener, Moot Court Society, School of law, NMIMS Hyderabad, ph. +91-7240869385
- Prof. Sridip Nambiar, Faculty Coordinator, School of Law, NMIMS Hyderabad, Mail: [email protected].
- All Communication(s)/update(s) concerning the competition, must be addressed to [email protected].
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.