Table of Contents
About the Competition
The Surana & Surana National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition, beginning in 2002, is one of the oldest and most prestigious national corporate moot court competitions in India and welcomes competitors from colleges across the country.
The competition aims to provide students an opportunity to develop expertise in the area of corporate laws like Companies Act, Taxation (Domestic and International), Foreign Exchange Management Act, Securities Regulations and Corporate Governance. This year the proposition explores the Goods and Services Act, 2017 and the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
The competition is scheduled from the April 7 to 9, 2023 and will be hosted on campus by JSS Law College, Autonomous, Mysuru.
- The competition is open for students who are studying LLB three year or five year course during the current academic year interested in Tax, Corporate and Commercial Laws and who belong to institutions that have been invited.
- Students of The Institute of Chartered Accounts of India & The Institute of Company Secretaries of India are also eligible to participate. Students who have completed their law/Company Secretary/ Chartered Accountant degrees/courses are not eligible.
There is no registration fee for the competition. Accommodation and food shall be provided to the participants.
The teams must register online at www.moot.in by March 18, 2023. Further details of the competition and the proposition can be found at www.jsslawcollege.in. The Rules and Proposition of the competition have also been attached along with this invite.
JSS Law College Campus, Mysore
- Winning team: Rs. 30,000
- Runner-up team: Rs. 15,000
- Best Memorial: Rs. 10,000
- Best Student Advocate: Rs. 10,000
- Second Best Memorial: Rs. 5,000
- Second Best Student Advocate: Rs. 5,000
Judgment Writing Competition
- Winner: Rs. 25,000
- Runner Up: Rs. 15,000
- Start of Online Registration: January 25, 2023
- Last date of Online Registration: March 18, 2023
- Last date for receiving soft copies of Reg. Form / Approval letter: March 18, 2023
- Last date for seeking clarifications to the case: March 20, 2023
- Last Date for Submission of Memorials soft copy (both petitioner and respondent): March 25, 2023 5 PM
- Last date for submission of Travel Plans: March 31, 2023
- Submission of Memorials 5 ( Five) hard copy (both petitioner and respondent)during Orientation ( No markings, team code to be mentioned –Further instructions during Orientation ): April 7, 2023
- Orientation: April 7, 2023
- Prelim 1 / Prelim 2 / Octa Finals / Quarter Finals: April 8, 2023
- Submission of Judgment (soft copies by way email): April 9, 2023 10AM
- Semifinals / Finals & Valedictory and Prize Distribution: April 9, 2023
Any clarifications for the competition can be sought from:
1. Regarding Submission of Memorials / Accommodation / Transport / etc.: Prof. M. P. Nagendramurthy, Chairperson, Moot Court Committee, JSS Law College, New Kantharaje Urs Road, Kuvempunagar Mysore – 570 023, Karnataka, Ph: 0821 – 2548244; Fax: 0821 – 2548243, E-mail: nagendra[email protected] / [email protected]
2. Regarding case & online registration: Mr. Preetam Surana, Advocate & Head – Admin, Dispute Prevention and Resolution Practice, Head, Academic Initiatives, Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Email: [email protected], Ph: 044 – 2812 0000, Fax: 91 – 44 – 2812 0001
- C Thapo Shreshta: +91-8892309146 [email protected]
- P S Veeresh : +91-6361651354 [email protected]
- Aria Philips: +91-7337641400 [email protected]
- Shama D: +91-7625094027 [email protected]
- Smrithi K Holla: +91-9538354538 [email protected]
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.