Guidelines for Submission
In order to promote discourse in the field of aviation and space laws, we invite submissions from scholars, practitioners, and students on a rolling basis for our blog ‘Lex ad Coelum’.
- The post must deal with contemporary issues of international or domestic interest involving either aviation or space laws.
- The post must be not exceed 1500 words in length.
- In case of submissions between 1500–3000 words, the same should be divided into two blog pieces for publication in two-parts.
- The title of the blog piece must not exceed 10 words. This stipulation is flexible as per Editor’s discretion in exceptional cases.
- All submissions made to CASL should be the original work of author(s).
- The author(s) work shall be passed through anti-plagiarism software. Any form of plagiarism above 20% will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Analytical posts will be preferred over descriptive ones. The quality of post will be judged based on various factors, including novelty, relevance, quality, structure, logic, argumentation and writing-style. Submissions maybe accepted and rejected solely based on the Editor’s discretion.
- The post must be in word-processed format using Garamond font, size 14, line spacing 1.5.
- References must be in the form of hyperlinks, linked to the keywords in the body of the submission.
- At the end of the blog piece, author must list down both offline and online references.
Co-authorship for blog posts is permitted. However, the number of co-authors shall not exceed two.
- Interested authors are required to send in their submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject of the email should be “Submission – CASL Blog Post”
- Submission must be accompanied with a cover letter mentioning the name of the author, the name of the blog piece and brief bibliographical information. For example, Mr/Ms. X is a Professional at Y or Mr./Ms. X is a 3rd Year B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) student at Y.
- The content should also mention five key words that capture the essence of the piece.
- The body of the submission must contain the name of the authorincluding their institutional affiliation below the title of the blog piece.
- In the body of e-mail, the contributors must include a simple declaration confirming the originality of the piece. For example, “I hereby confirm that this blog piece is my original work in entirety.”
- Once a blog piece is submitted to CASL and is under its review, the author shall not submit the same piece anywhere else.
- Once the piece is published with CASL, the same can be cross-posted only with those websites which are permitted by CASL.
- Each submission will be reviewed by one or more editors of the Blog, who retain their absolute discretion in whether to accept a post and, if accepted, whether the post requires revisions. Contributors must work with the Editors to incorporate suggested revisions and comments.
- It is not mandatory for the Editorial Board to inform the author(s) the grounds for rejection of the submission made.
Timeline for Review
- The receipt of the submission made to CASL will be acknowledged within 72 hours of the submission.
- The final decision with respect to status of publication shall be informed within 10–15 days of submission. However, the same can extend beyond the stipulated period depending on the academic commitments in the University.
All queries regarding any submission must be made to email@example.com.
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The students are advised to check an opportunity themselves before applying.