Registrations are cordially invited for the 13th Checkmate AIL National Moot Court Competition 2023, scheduled to be held on 17th-18th November 2023.
Table of Contents
About the Moot
With immense exuberance and alacrity, the Army Institute of Law takes utmost pleasure in announcing the 13th edition of the AIL Checkmate National Moot Court Competition, 2023.
With the aim to propagate cognizance about the developing principles of Criminal Law in a systematic manner and develop a pragmatic aspect of law among the participants for effective practice, the moot problem aims to elucidate developments in this field through jurisprudential analysis of the existing law and consequential emergence of new laws, besides developing cutting edge skills in research, writing and advocacy.
The competition is scheduled to be held on 17-18 November 2023. The moot will be judged by legal luminaries who have expertise in the legal issues stated in the moot problem.
- Only one team from each participating college shall be registered for the competition.
Note: No faculty member, coach, observer or a designated observer or fourth member is allowed to accompany the team.
- The language for the Competition shall be English only.
- Participation is restricted to bona-fide law students either enrolled in the 3-year LL.B course or the 5-year integrated law course.
- The teams should provisionally register by sending an E-mail (with Subject as “Moot Court Registration Checkmate2023”) to: [email protected]
- Only 36 teams will be registered to participate in the competition on first come-first serve basis.
- Registration Fee for Memorial based selection: Rs 1000/- (Non-refundable) for each participating team. The fee for Memo rounds is to be submitted by 6th October, 2023 through online transaction by clicking on the below mentioned link:
- The scanned copy of the receipt of payment along with the duly filled registration form (attached with the brochure) should be sent on or before 6th October,2023, via email [email protected] with the following details:
Details of Payment of Registration Fee:
- Transaction ID
- Date of payment
- After the Memorial Round, Top 16 teams shall qualify for Octa Rounds.
- Fee for Oral round to be held at AIL Mohali is Rs 4000/-, to be paid by 6th November, 2023.
For payment link, Click Here!
- No stay shall be provided by the organizers for Oral rounds. The teams who qualify for oral rounds shall make their own arrangements of stay and transport.
- No change in the names of the participants shall be permitted unless the same has been communicated to the organizers a week before the event in exceptional circumstances (at the discretion of organizers). It will be only allowed if the participating colleges attach due proof.
- Teams are required to send the scanned copy of their Institute’s Id card with this form.
- No change in the names of the participants shall be permitted unless the same has been communicated to the organizers a week prior to the event in exceptional circumstances only after due proof has been attached by the participating college.
Prizes worth Rs 95,000/-
- Best Team :- Rs. 30,000/- along with a certificate
- Runners Up :- Rs. 24,000/- along with a certificate
- Best Memorial:- Rs. 15,000/- along with a certificate
- Second Best Memorial:- Rs. 9,000/- along with a certificate
- Best Speaker :- Rs. 10,000/- along with a certificate
- Second Best Speaker:- Rs.7,000/- along with a certificate
In addition to the above awards, plaques and certificates will be given to other categories of winners. All participants will be awarded participation certificates.
For further clarifications or queries, you may contact the undersigned Organizing Committee members or else can contact via e-mail at [email protected].
- Ms. S. Pavithra: +91 83339 38120
- Ms. Pragati Khandekar: +91 94161 00246
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.