About the College
The SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law (PGCL) was established in the year 2004 and is affiliated with the University of Mumbai. At this institution, we aim at giving students exposure to experiential learning in the varied fields of law, and in this regard, we have conducted and hosted various workshops, seminars, and competitions.
About the Competition
A good piece of legislation is the foundation of any democratic society; it reflects the voice of the people. The Moot Court Society of Pravin Gandhi College of Law brings to you the 12th Edition of Conficiendis Legislativa, National Legislative Drafting Competition, 2023 (LDC).
LDC is a platform where students across India have the opportunity to step into the shoes of lawmakers, as they are the to-be torchbearers of the legal fraternity. The Competition is unique in its way, of drafting a bill and experiencing the nuances borne by the legislature.
The theme for the 12th Edition of the Legislative Drafting Competition is Regulation on the Profession of Social Media Influencers.
Training Session Topics
- Plain Language Draft – A Draft for Layman
- Art of Legislation Drafting – Basics of Policy Making Draft
- Citizen Participation in Law Making – Issues of Public Interest
Eligibility and Team Composition
The team may comprise of a maximum number of 2 members. A maximum of 3 entries are permitted from each institution.
Note: Cross-college participation is allowed.
Registration and Payment
All interested teams who wish to register shall send the duly completed Registration Form (see Annexure A in the brochure) to [email protected] along with the Transaction details (screenshot of the online payment) of Rs. 2000 as the registration fee.
The Account Details are as follows –
- Name of Account – SVKM’S PRAVIN GANDHI COLLEGE OF LAW
- Name of the Bank – HDFC Bank (JVPD SCHEME, M-56)
- A/C No. – 03210330000171
- Type of Account – Current Account
- IFSC Code – HDFC0000321
The email should include –
- Name of the institute,
- Name of the participants, and
- Contact details of the participants.
The last date for sending the soft copy of the registration form and proof of payment of the registration fee is 25th February 2023 before 23:59 hrs.
- Last Date to Provisionally Register: 15th February 2023
- Last Date to Complete Registration Process: 25th February 2023
- Legislative Bill Submission: 28th March 2023
- Declaration of Results: 8th April 2023
- The Best Team – Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000/- and Certificates.
- The Runner-Up Team – Cash Prize of Rs. 7,000 and Certificates.
- The Second Runner-Up Team – Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000 and Certificates.
For further queries please contact the Student Co-ordinators
Miss. Anushka Mansharamani: +91 98707 00240
Mr. Somesh Pathak: +91 94106 81169
Miss. Ritu Bavishi: +91 96191 61175
All efforts are made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information published at Legally Flawless. However, Legally Flawless shall not be responsible for any errors caused due to oversight or otherwise. The users are advised to check the information themselves.